X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pitboss Celts

Catching up on posts.

Not sure where this came from, but to my knowledge I have not met the Greeks. I have only met my surrounding neighbors and Spain.
    check your Forgein affairs advisor apparently a mistake was made in the map creation. You and Greeks have made contact befoe game started.

Agreement is to ignore it though and wait till you offcialy meet.

thamnkypu

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Celts
      I've been trying to catch up on everything from the past few days. I'm still unclear about the blackdragon situation. Did he leave because someone accussed him of revealing part of the map? How did I get associated with contact with Greece?
      He left after a fight with Pinchak that escalated to a Double Login being used.

The map revelations was not agaisnt him at all. He did not reveal the map as he never saw it.

The map was partially revealed by the Map maker. But we are ignoring that too and moving on.

Just for your info.

There may be an island off the coast of My nation that is shaped like a Skull and cross bones that may have 50-60% of the worlds Uranium.
      Last edited by Pitboss Vikings; September 2, 2008, 05:31.

Comment

• I've updated the first post of this thread with the tech-trade rule and the 33% rule.
        I've also included a concept rule-violation action there. Feel free to correct me if you disagree with my concept.

Since I don't believe that we will agree on a general (range of) punishement(s) on beforehand I have made it as vague as possible.

I hope all of you will agree and we won't end up in another endless debate here. Thanks.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Yes, we will reveal everyone's identity after the game has ended. I'm actually already looking forward to that. I think that I already know who deity and toni are, I have my ideas about lzprst and pinchak. I wish that I didn't knew who Ozzy or MMC were, but that's how it unfortunately it

I'm glad that this is anonymous. I'm sure that The Capo would start a war with me as soon he meets the civ he thinks that's lead by me, after all our debates

For me anonymous means more pure role playing.
          OOC and IG are truely seperated.

Maybe we should have all organization talk OOC and all story talk IC. (except leave of absence, which should for obvious reasons be IC, or at least be posted with the anonymous account).

Comment

• [SIZE=1]
            I'm glad that this is anonymous. I'm sure that The Capo would start a war with me as soon he meets the civ he thinks that's lead by me, after all our debates

For me anonymous means more pure role playing.
            OOC and IG are truely seperated.
            I wouldn't do that Cybershy, unless its in my interests to do so.

As far as the OOC and IC on the Org and Story threads; I wouldn't do it. Its way too easy for someone who speaks in threads outside of this one (like the Possible Diplogame Mod thread and the Second Chance at Empire thread for example) to accidentally post something in their regular log-in or their Pitboss log-in depending on the situation. You can use me as a guinea pig; I accidentally posted in the story thread under The Capo and I am sure it can happen for others. In fact I haver personally seen it happen to two other players so I wouldn't enforce the rule that much. People will be more likely to speak openly either OOC or IC in inappropriate settings that way. If you leave it open they'll probably be more aware of what they're doing in the first place. At least that's the way I'd see it.
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Ok guys, it's voting time again.
              Read the first post of this thread for the voting rules again.

All be aware that we vote till the 14th of September!

We vote for what happened in AUGUST!
              Date lines are difficult things, we're not going to be strict on that, but remember what posts /actions you have alread considered for this month and don't consider them again for next month.

There's also a request by The Capo to vote for a pre-set punishment on the 33% move rule. Read his post in the quote below.

I want to ask all of you to vote for the following 3 issues:

1. Do you agree to round the 33% down to 6 hours (instead of 6 hours and something)

[YES] [NO] [ABSTAIN]

2. Do you agree that we should have a pre-set rule for violation of the 33% move rule?

[YES] [NO] [ABSTAIN]

3. If there will be a pre-set rule, will you agree with the pre-set punishment The Capo proposed?

[YES] [NO] [ABSTAIN]

A majority of the voters (except the abstainers and those who ignore this vote) must accept an issue for it to be accepted. Majority means more then 50%
              If the results are exactly 50% then we will vote again without the option to abstain.

Any questions: ask here

Everyone should be clear on the 33% rule. And I think it should be defined as a rounded number, so let's round down. Let's call it six hours. If you are at war and move within six hours of the NEXT TURN'S timer you have broken the rule. That we all agree on.

If you break this rule the first time you should just lose 25% of your total votes up to that point.

If you break it the second time you again lose 25% of your total votes (this does not include lost votes) and five tech vouchers.

This is just for any violation of the rule so far.

If you do it in an overt and gross fashion (like you attack multiple units, pillage multiple squares, etc.) you will be punished more harshly; 25% of your total votes and you lose ten vouchers. This penalty will be determined by THREE people. One of your allies, one of your enemy's allies and a third, TRULY non-aligned player. This way you have one side (ostensibly) making arguments FOR you and then one side making arguments AGAINST you while one would serve as the neutral who would, in theory, break the tie. Although all three players can vote however they'd like and their decision should remain anonymous.

If you do it three times I think you should be in consideration to be booted, because clearly you don't respect the other players.

There should be exemptions; if you HAD to move you should be exempt (and we've gone over this before so everyone should know what I mean), if you did it on accident and it is clear through your actions that you did it on accident (you only get to use this once), and then any other possible exemption I haven't come up with. Who will decide this? The same three people who would decide if it was a gross and overt violation.

Basically say the Aztecs attacked the Zulus at the 4:15 hour point, (within the six hour limit). If the Zulus think they were attacked too harshly and want to "file" for the extra punishment they should say so in the organization thread and then three people are chosen. We'll let the Zulus pick one, the Aztecs pick another, and then the third neutral party is chosen by the rest of the group (but must actually be neutral). If the Aztecs say "I had to move/It was an accident" the same thing occurs, a group of three is picked in the same way to determine if this happened. Unless of course the Zulu player decides that they believe the Aztecs player.

This way those that think that we shouldnt' punish accidentally rule-breakers get a safety net, the penalties are less harsh than what I suggested before AND there is still oversight on certain situations. I think this is a fair compramise.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo

I wouldn't do that Cybershy, unless its in my interests to do so.
                I know that you're a man of honor.
                I was just kidding

Comment

• Example of a vote:

Story:
                  1. Belgium
                  2. Germany
                  3. Poland

Diplomacy
                  1. Scotland
                  2. France
                  3. Mexico

Military
                  1. Brazil
                  2. Antartica
                  3. Belarus

1. Do you agree to round the 33% down to 6 hours (instead of 6 hours and something)

[YOUR ANSWER]

2. Do you agree that we should have a pre-set rule for violation of the 33% move rule?

[YOUR ANSWER]

3. If there will be a pre-set rule, will you agree with the pre-set punishment The Capo proposed?

[YOUR ANSWER]

Comment

• Carter / Blackdragon: in my opinon some one needs to give he greeks an award or something cuz not only do that have great stories that have he coolest screan shots i have ever seem.

Japan / Blackdragon / Carter: i was reading the greek story post and now i'm angry. i need to know what happens next! if the greeks keep this up they will defenetly get my vote for story.

So, why did we have to boot BlackDragon again?
                    Last edited by Guest; September 2, 2008, 18:12.

Comment

• The powers that be decided Greeks were getting too many Votes from him !!!!

Comment

• I am just letting th host know that the uploader is down, but the game is still alive.

Comment

• Ummm... yeah... I just noticed a nice big error message from the Uploader. It's been restarted.
                          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Can Russia’s neighbors make any deals with the current sub CyberShy? Or we should wait for a permanent player to come in.

Thank you!

Comment

• I'm sure the sub can pass messages back and forth between Russia and her neighbours.
                              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I thought that Russia was around.
                                But if he isn't, then I'll be a 100% sub and do everything a normal player would also do.

Voting:
                                So far I've only received votes from:
                                - Portugal (didn't include 33% move rule votes)
                                - Korea
                                - Persia

All civs should not forget to cast their votes on or before September 14th.

For info regarding voting: see the first post of this thread.
                                For info regarding the "33% move rule" votes, please see my posts regarding this on September 2nd (bold-red post)

If you have problems voting, please send an e-mail to the vote e-mail address, or if that's not possible send a PM to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X