This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
    Your nation is one of the largest armies and by time you add in Percia the two of you overwhelm the numbers of Portugese fighters. So in DIPLO history yes seen this many times where a larger army takes on a smaller one. in fact apart from Ozzy in many games, i rarely seen anyone do anything else in DIPLO games.
    Ozzy doesn't **** around.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I will be consideirng you both for DIPLO voted this month

As far as I can see none of them achieved anything through diplomacy. They completely lack any form of diplomatic skills so far .

Diplo votes should go to people who achieved stuff through diplomacy.

But in the end it's up to people themselves to decide for whom they're going to vote. I just post this post to give some counter arguments against yours.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• that was posted when they seemed to be implying the gresatest diplo agreement ever. but now it fallen apart i am thinking that the scheming of the piercies and romans are worthy of points.

Portugul has done all he can to geta diplo result , so some worth there too.

over all best month so far.

I may actually put a vote in for every category.

Oh and to rome, from your earlier post. No you dont have to give 3 civs a vote in each catagory. nor actualy vote in all of them.

So for example i gav e 3 nations voted for storys last month but none for military and Diplo.

Comment

A war betwen the three largest armys in this game wouold be a better sign.
          Not sure who the top 3 are in army size. Maybe you and perica and Greece.

but this just my opinion not the opinion of the management,

Actually you are completley wrong Portugal has the largest army in the world.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• But I assume Rome's + Piercia's army is bigger.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

So for example i gav e 3 nations voted for storys last month but none for military and Diplo.
              That is a big exploit.

We instituted the no votes no points for you rule so that people wouldn't just not vote and gained the advantage by doing that.

But what you are saying means that practically the same can be achieved by just voting for a single guy in a single category.

Comment

• Are you guys seriusly saying that all this effort won't be rewarded by any votes in any categories?

Jesus ****ing christ, I think I need to seriously cut down the time I spend in negotiating, planing and playing this game (about 2 hours a day)..

Comment

• Well, I do not really like talking about voting, but just to avoid confusion.

I personally think that Rome deserves votes for Military (building an army big enough to make Portugal sweat even OOC ) and diplomacy with Greece (making sure that Greece will not invade Persia to spoil the persian/rome vs portugal war).
                  But not for diplomatic achievements with Portugal.

But hey, it's up to everyone to decide whom they'll vote for.

Regarding not voting at all in one or two categories.... well, it is potential an exploit. But if there hasn't been a war (or a treat of war) then I think that it's possible.

Maybe we should indeed write small posts around the voting-point about our achievements in the story/diplomacy/military categories.

Maybe people forget what happened during the last month. Then the voting will indeed by a real vote, people can showcase their achievements and the voters can make a better decision.

In that case we should make a rule that you can only post 1 post about your achievements to avoid huge discussions about these achievements, etc.

Comment

• @Rome: it's obviously not the time spend at negotiations that counts but the achievements you made. I'm sure that H. Clinton spent a lot of time getting a lot of votes, but in the end she failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                      @Rome: it's obviously not the time spend at negotiations that counts but the achievements you made. I'm sure that H. Clinton spent a lot of time getting a lot of votes, but in the end she failed.

I don't see it that way, for the entire time all I really wanted was Outpost and now I have it.

Comment

• In any case I've just decided diplo isn't worth the trouble & hate and I'm quitting after peace is made with Portugal or in 24 hours whichever comes first.

I hope someone can be found to permasub... Rome really has good potential, it has room to grow, strong allies to east and west, good tech and now finally some breathing room plus the second largest army in the world.

Comment

• I've just realized that I'm a big fat crybaby. I may be miserable in the current situation but that doesn't maen I should leave diplo forever. I love civ, I've very excited at the diplo mod that is going up, I thrive on long IC correspondences.

I just can't stand being a top civ, and can't avoid it since I invest too much into the game, that is why I think I should be given weak civ!

So I am making a bold proposal:

Who wants Rome? I'll trade it for your civ!

I am especially interested in playing:
                          Japan
                          Natives
                          Oldonia
                          or any of the bottom 4 civs
                          Last edited by OzzyKP; September 11, 2008, 08:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome

I don't see it that way, for the entire time all I really wanted was Outpost and now I have it.
                            You got it through war. You deserve votes for that. I don't see why you insist on getting diplo-votes for it as well. But maybe some will give diplo votes anyway. (Í'm only 1 player, all the others may disagree with me)

Don't quit. there's no reason at all to quit.
                            You've done very good. You've solved some problems with portugese cities, you are surely going to get military votes. Some may give you diplo-votes for your Rome/Greece negotiations.

I don't see the problem.

People should stop quiting when things aren't exactly the way they want it. We are having fun, aren't we?
                            Imagine that you would be the Vikings!
                            But the Vikings aren't quiting, they continue playing even if all odds are against them.

Comment

• posted the last post before you edited your last. Just wanted to let you know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

Imagine that you would be the Vikings!
                                But the Vikings aren't quiting, they continue playing even if all odds are against them.

The Irony!

Comment

Working...
                                X