Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep the silly thing with the voting system is that you cant vote for most of the categorys as you dont see it.

Story telling is ok as it open for all

but diplo seems most are hding their discussions. so no votes for anyone there, actually it peeve me a littel to see people getting lots of votes in this category when so little has been done openly.

and military, well how you get votes for that. perhaps we shoud all post our kill lists every month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
      yep the silly thing with the voting system is that you cant vote for most of the categorys as you dont see it.

Story telling is ok as it open for all

but diplo seems most are hding their discussions. so no votes for anyone there, actually it peeve me a littel to see people getting lots of votes in this category when so little has been done openly.

and military, well how you get votes for that. perhaps we shoud all post our kill lists every month.
      Well here is what I'd say to that; Diplomacy isn't JUST from posting openly as you call it. You can infer diplomacy for certain things. If agreements are made it can be inferred that there was Diplomacy behind it, in fact the agreement itself IS diplomacy. So when you convince someone to open borders that is diplomacy, when someone announces a tech trade, that is diplomacy, when there are religious agreements or MUTUAL DEFENSE AGAINST BARBARIAN agreements that is Diplomacy. For instance, the Greeks, Mayans and Koreans are currently in negotiations over certain issues, hardly any of it is public. This does not mean it is not occuring, and if an agreement does come out of the negotiations that is also diplomacy. You don't need to literally SEE it to know its happening. That said, you can also vote based on what is going on with you. Say I am getting private messages from civs that are negotiating with me, or conducting diplomacy, I can vote for them. Would they get more votes by making their negotiations public? Probably, but its up to them to do that. Also even story posts contain diplomacy, you can't ONLY think about the direct messages that appear in the forums you have to look at the broad swath of diplomacy.

As for the military thing; military activity is also a wing of Diplomacy, so its not only kills (most of which are probably barbarians right now) but its tactics, its what is gained by military. There are a lot of intangibles to consider in the military category too. For instance the Greeks sent out exploratory units which diminish the liklihood of barbarians. He can't show you a statistic showing this occuring, but its a lot better than (no offense) the Americans who lost a city to them and then had to get it back. In some people's minds the Americans may get more military points for regaining their city, but in other people's minds the Greeks should get more for preventing that issue from coming up altogether. I guess my point is that its better than using hard-coded numbers, because why even vote in the first place?

Comment

• good points.

But if people dont post the results of their PMs then still they get no votes..

once agreements reached then post the agreeemnt so i can vote on its worth.

As for the greeks, i already posted about that.

I too sent my units out to patrol and protect and they just got attacked contimnuously. the placing of units on hills looking at tiles does nto prevent the barbs from coming.

The randomness of the game has just meant less babrbs in Greek territory, the dark penisula between greeks and me has his units at one end and he is moving north up the eninusal and my untios at other end, the barbs are only attacking my units not his.

So no militsry votes for something that didnt happen due to game rnadomness.

As to the amercians, well thery lost a city so that is bad military.

If he had just retreated into the city to protect it and lose the fields i would have been more impressed similar to your own situatuon ealrier when you posted you lost a city.

the only military action worth voting for is the Russian attacks on Rome and now the roman war on portugul.

No strsgey there just sheer numbers again. No bombardment units created , just sheer numbers but it better than no militart votes.

Comment

• the itnereting thing about this game is the sheer bad luck of myself being placed where i am..

wish i had started where the koreans are would hav emade a huge difference to DIPLO style.

The start if mine beign so far away has placed my nation in isolation, that and the fact somepeople hate my postings seeing them all as whinging etc. So makes it harder to form any sort of reltionships and as we all know the enjoyment of DIPLO is only in formning alliances not as an isolationist,

Comment

• did we get a replacement human for Japan ?

Comment

• Yes

Comment

• I think that even without knowing the secret stuff that happens behind the stage it is possible to see who's doing diplomatic well and who's not.
                How do civs contact each other, how do they use their contacts to achieve their goals. That's already viewable in the stories.

It's not only when a 'deal' has been made that people have been diplomatic. It's just everything that happens between nations.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• What about Russia is the old player back?

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                    I think that even without knowing the secret stuff that happens behind the stage it is possible to see who's doing diplomatic well and who's not.
                    How do civs contact each other, how do they use their contacts to achieve their goals. That's already viewable in the stories.

It's not only when a 'deal' has been made that people have been diplomatic. It's just everything that happens between nations.
                    i must be missing the obvious stuff Cyber...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome
                      What about Russia is the old player back?
                      yes.

Comment

• Rasputin, what's up with you?
                        You haven't played / finished a turn 4 times in a row already but you're posting here all the time.....

@Portugal: you forgot to end your turn.

Comment

• I've started to sub for Russia again.
                          He hasn't been online or in the game since his "I'm back" post.....

Not much heard from Japan either, except that he's playing his turns...

Comment

• @Portugal: you forgot to end your turn.
                            Sorry for this but i will be doing this for a while in order to time my turns. I am busy 80% of the day so need to be able roughly to control the timer so I don't miss a move.

I need the time to run well my defence plan against now 2 attackers. Anyone else? Well i know there is a third party involved he knows who he is -

Comment

• You can still move after you've ended your turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome

It would be interesting to hear from some of the other players.
                                How do you see the breakdown of the score?

Comment

Working...
                                X