Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i know of atleast one other person who was looking for it.

if blackdragon is the person who contacted me in game about the island then there may be only one.

howver if blackdragon and pinchak and cyber are not the one who sent me the PM , which i still hve, then there is at least one otherperson who knows of the island.

Now we all know it exists. and now we know it does contain over 50% off worlds uranium, unless Cyber removed it, are we happy to continue.

Once i find Yellocacia i will post about it , i certainly dont want to be the nation holding that much uranium so i hope someone else settels there
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• I didn't know pinchak accually put it in. but never the less i stopped caring if he did or didn't along time ago. also i never spoke to anyone about it either. why would i tell someone about an island with that much uranium? i would have kept it to myself and told no one so i could take it. now i don't know who told you anything raz cuz i haven't even met you in game yet. but if cyber hasn't erased it i am not going to stop till i'm the first to have it.

Comment

• howver if blackdragon and pinchak and cyber are not the one who sent me the PM
        Well I can confirm I didn't send any PM to you about it.

Once i find Yellocacia i will post about it
        It is going to be quite weird having nations fighting tooth and nail over an otherwise barren island. That is if it exists at all... or exists but contains no uranium which is also a possibility. Sort of sucks. The events that would have unfolded come physics would have been absolutely great.
        Last edited by Pinchak; August 28, 2008, 22:23.

Comment

• Blackdragon, you might as well just come clean and admit you sent Raz the PM so there are no more worries about how many people knew and how many didn't know.

I know I didn't send any PM, and I know Cyber well enough to know he didn't send any PM to one single player.

You on the other hand...

And the fact that you are STILL lying about it...

Last edited by Pinchak; August 28, 2008, 22:28.

Comment

• i'm not lying i didn't tell anyone anything. and that fact u keep accusing me is not cool. i have done nothing wrong and i haven't pmed anyone about anything.

Comment

• I think the anon portion of this game has added to the problems here.

Lets play on and enjoy people.

I will find the island if it exists.

Once i find it i will post its location

then you can all rush to get there first to popualte it.

Then all the other nations wanting uranium will be landing on your shores.

Or maybe they will just negotiate some uranium from you.

Either way. Play on.

I feel so much better having got this off my chest.

Now to see if the person who has the celts on their met list will admit who they are, and if celts will post as to who is on their met list....

Damn those Greeks .... Ooops did i mention them....
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• I met the Celts.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I am so disappointed in this entire thing. You guys are ****ing douchebags.
                  "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Alright, that was uncalled for, but it made me feel better so I am going to leave it. Honestly I am sorry Ras for saying you are paranoid, now practically everything you've said makes sense. And honestly I can say I am a little disappointed in CERTAIN players, and if you think I am talking about you you are probably right. Everything that happened before I started playing is starting to make sense and shame on the both of you for doing it. If these comments start to effect what happens in the game so be it, but you know who you are (because I certainly KNOW who you are) and you guys are *******s, because it is utterly clear to me right now that anonymous play was used as a tool by both of you and you were both clearly aware of who the other was the entire time. Not by mistake, but intentionally.

That's all I've got to say about that.

Look; from now on we should get third party people to make our maps. Its the only way to really accomplish this. And yes Pinchak you are righht, there are limited stores of uranium in the world, but putting it on a friggin Skull island? That's kinda hokey isn't it? I could see putting limited deposts around the world so there is competition and politics surrounding it but you've got poor Ras searching around for this uranium island, talking about secret alliances, everyone thinks he's nuts and he's clearly not, and then it turns out that apparently AT LEAST three people have seen the map prior to the game? C'mon man, I know everyone calls you an a-hole but I know you're better than that.

I thought the point wasn't to win, I thought the point was the Diplomacy. This is very discouraging indeed.
                    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• My sincere apologies. There was never any deception intended. It was a good idea that I didn't want to abandon simply because one player knew about it.

Given the size of the map, and the nature of the uranium resource, this was hardly a game breaker anyway.

Are we sure there is no way to still have a third party change the map? Now that the surprise factor has been ruined, it is pretty dumb to have this island as a major bone of contention this early in the game.

Comment

• Pinchak check your PM box, well, your OTHER PM box... jackass...

And we could still have a third party guy change the map, I think, although I dont' really think that would be necessary. It kinda sucks this came out the way it did, because I was only mad about the fact that a third party guy didn't make the map to begin with, I don't really mind the skull island thing but I think its kinda dumb that there's only one spot for Uranium, unless CS added more.

I mean, its just hokey. Where are we? Friggin Middle Earth?

Comment

• You know what's kind of funny though, when Ras originally wrote that story about Yellocacia, I thought in my head the pronunciation was YELLO-CAY-SEEYA and actually put it in Wikipedia and then googled it because I thought it was some Viking **** and when no results came up (none at all) I thought to myself "those Aussies and their funny words." In hindsight that is kinda funny.

Comment

• wow this game has alot of drama

Comment

• Welcome to this little thing we call Diplogames!

Comment

• it is utterly clear to me right now that anonymous play was used as a tool by both of you and you were both clearly aware of who the other was the entire time. Not by mistake, but intentionally.
                                Well, to be honest, I see no problem with this aspect of it. We worked together in real life. Of course we discussed the upcomming game and who we were going to pick as civs. Being friends at the time, of course we discussed allying once we met ingame. But that was where it stopped. I didn't disclose anything about the map, and he assumed from an earlier conversation that I put skull island in.

That's kinda hokey isn't it?
                                It was intended as more of a conversation peice than anything. Sort of people would find it one day, notice it's shape, then come physics it would sink in. It's not like it looks exactly like a skull.

it turns out that apparently AT LEAST three people have seen the map prior to the game?
                                Only two, and had Cyber not opened the file I gave him it would have just been one.

I know everyone calls you an a-hole but I know you're better than that.
                                Actually, only Blackdragon calls me that, but he should really take a hard look in the mirror.

I think its kinda dumb that there's only one spot for Uranium, unless CS added more.
                                Like I posted before... IF i did leave it in I can assure you it was not the only source. More like 50-70%.

But, whatever. I spent over 20 hours making the map so we would have something cool to play on, but I have gotten nothing but criticism in return.

Only time will tell if I did a good job with the map.

Comment

Working...
                                X