Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps the easy solutin is for a non game player to load the save and play on. Investigate the map and see if it true.

If nopt true all well and good , i have remvoed a huge burden off my chest

but if true does it mean anything ?
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• well we all know this now so what's the problem? if this island really does exsist and it has uranium then it will prove ur story. but until we A. find the island, and B. if it is found AND it has uranium then best of luck to who ever gets it. but like i said before i think this is just a big myth someone made up to f#ck with you or the person who told it to you.

Comment

• Look, I'm sure there is no uranium island. Why would that be the case? It just SOUNDS completely ridiculous, that's all. I'm sure Ras is sincere, and I believe that he looks out for what's best in diplogames and people like him are good to have around.

But if you put the two together it just sounds like a ridiculously contrived conspiracy; there is a skull shaped island with uranium, in fact the only uranium on the planet, then there is a large secret alliance who may know of the island and its where-abouts. I mean this all sounds like a ridiculous world-wide plot. I hate to say it Ras, but I think someone is f*cking with you.
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• no problems Capo, play on, i will find the island, i will let you know where it is when i find it. I wil post a pic in story thread.

All i want to know is if it is real do we need to worry.

Becasue even if the isalnd is empty .

If it exists the concern is the person who told me knew of its existence, this person claims one other told him of the island.

so how many people know of the map?

That is my question.

Is a known map to some and not others a bad thing in DIPLO.

I trusted the map maker and Cyber so wasnt concernced with those two viewing it, but if this island is real then either the mapmaker pinchak or cyber told someone about it , or a third unknown person saw the map.

Is this an issue ??????

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
            Look, I'm sure there is no uranium island. Why would that be the case? It just SOUNDS completely ridiculous, that's all. I'm sure Ras is sincere, and I believe that he looks out for what's best in diplogames and people like him are good to have around.

But if you put the two together it just sounds like a ridiculously contrived conspiracy; there is a skull shaped island with uranium, in fact the only uranium on the planet, then there is a large secret alliance who may know of the island and its where-abouts. I mean this all sounds like a ridiculous world-wide plot. I hate to say it Ras, but I think someone is f*cking with you.

i agree with capo i think someone is ****ing with you and if not then someone is ****ing with who ever is telling you these things. i don't know all i know is you continues rants about secret alliances and islands is making me think that maybe something else outside the game is effecting you and your using the game as a way to vent it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin
              no problems Capo, play on, i will find the island, i will let you know where it is when i find it. I wil post a pic in story thread.

All i want to know is if it is real do we need to worry.

Becasue even if the isalnd is empty .

If it exists the concern is the person who told me knew of its existence, this person claims one other told him of the island.

so how many people know of the map?

That is my question.

Is a known map to some and not others a bad thing in DIPLO.

I trusted the map maker and Cyber so wasnt concernced with those two viewing it, but if this island is real then either the mapmaker pinchak or cyber told someone about it , or a third unknown person saw the map.

Is this an issue ??????
              there is no issue other then the fact that aomeone is messing with you and who ever told you. but go on find this island. make me a believer but even if you find it i bet it will be nothing but an empty place

Comment

• oh just for the some sense to be kept in this.

blackdragons name was mentioned as the source of the information.

Oh and blackdragon, you know not of what you speak, i have enjoyed a number of civ diplo games , but never ever have i had to question whether i should continue playing. this is the only time because i was fearful the informaton i had , if true was cheating.

If their is no island then it all lies and i hope that is what it is.

But , if the island exists then too many knew about before it was found.

Comment

• well who ever told you i saw the map was wrong because the fact is i have never seen it. i wish i could see the whole thing but sadly i have not. all i have seen is what my civ explored, which isn't much, and the rest i see from what others post. so who ever was saying i told them anything is full of crap.

Comment

• God, this is insane.

If there is a f*cking island can someone please come forward and tell everyone, cuz I can't take this anymore. Look, Ras just keep playing, if you are right this game is f*cked and I will leave. But I don't think there is one, and there is no reason to think that until it is discovered. If you are sure there is one (by the way is this the land you were referring to in your posts, the fabled land?) then find it and let everyone know. But honestly I think you are being screwed with.

Which, by the way, is not cool. So whoever is doing this sh*t you need to stop. And in the crazy event that this turns out to be true I will be so pissed you *******s wasted my time. So lets kill this issue now, unless someone wants to come forward and admit its true, cuz I am going to be pissed if it is, especially after treating Ras who has always been a great sport like he is insane. That should end this discussion. Ras leave it alone, don't worry about the secret alliances thing, it won't matter in a while anyway once everyone starts mixing it up.

Let's just play and let this be a strange quirk that occured in BtP, alright?
                    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin

If their is no island then it all lies and i hope that is what it is.

But , if the island exists then too many knew about before it was found.
                      well if it is true, which i dought, though it would be cool to see, now everyone knows of this "skull island". are we all cheating now because you told everyone something we don't even really know exsits yet?

Comment

• This mythical skull island is a source of too great a controversy to be left out of the stories.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
                          God, this is insane.

If there is a f*cking island can someone please come forward and tell everyone, cuz I can't take this anymore. Look, Ras just keep playing, if you are right this game is f*cked and I will leave. But I don't think there is one, and there is no reason to think that until it is discovered. If you are sure there is one (by the way is this the land you were referring to in your posts, the fabled land?) then find it and let everyone know. But honestly I think you are being screwed with.

Which, by the way, is not cool. So whoever is doing this sh*t you need to stop. And in the crazy event that this turns out to be true I will be so pissed you *******s wasted my time. So lets kill this issue now, unless someone wants to come forward and admit its true, cuz I am going to be pissed if it is, especially after treating Ras who has always been a great sport like he is insane. That should end this discussion. Ras leave it alone, don't worry about the secret alliances thing, it won't matter in a while anyway once everyone starts mixing it up.

Let's just play and let this be a strange quirk that occured in BtP, alright?
                          oh i am playing on Capo, but i felt i needed to bring it to everyones attention

and yes Capo you did read my post .

my galley is in search of the fabled land of Yellocacia.. the land of Yellow Cake...

i will pretend it doesnt exist. i will continue to paly.

but if/when i find it i iwll let everyone know.

What people need to think of is what are the implications of me knowing this

Comment

• Well the existence or non-existence of this "skull island" doesn't seem to be an issue for me. It could be a creative thing we could role-play, and create great strategic competition for this one resource if it is all in the same spot.

So that isn't really an issue.

The one and only issue in my mind is the fact that either CS & Pinchak spread around important information to a limited number of players trying to get a strategic advantage, or a third party peaked at the map illicitly to get a strategic advantage and told his allies.

THAT I have a big problem with.

So... since the cat is out of the bag I'm not sure what to do. We can't remove the island (if it exists) at this point.

So our options are: kick out whoever it is that peaked at the map and spread this around or just realize that since Raz did the right thing and let us know that we all have the same strategic advantage and will all seek out this mysterious skull island. Which would again create an equal playing field. And be pretty exciting
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Ok, here is the real deal...

1. I made the map. This was deemed ok by the community.

2. All starting locations were random.

3. I worked in real life with Blackdragon, and actually introduced him to diplogames.

4. While thinking up ideas for the map, I kicked around the idea of making an island shaped like a skull that contained the worlds uranium supply. Dispite Capo's assessment that this would be retarded, I thought it would create extremely interesting political shifts, war, story posts, etc... to see who would control it. (And in my defense, uranium is only found in a few isolated areas on real life earth).

5. Although I discussed the idea with Blackdragon at work, I never confirmed that I created the island, let alone disclosed it's location. And to be honest, IF I did leave it in the final version I couldn't tell you what direction it is from my starting spot.

6. Myself and Blackdragon DID have a secret alliance from the game start. HOWEVER, despite his begging for map info he has neither seen the map, or knows anymore info than anyone else but Cyber and myself. I didn't even let him know where we were on the map in relation to each other, except I think I told him we were not next to each other.

7. Any secret alliance we did have is over now. Trust me on this one.

8. I sent the final version of the map to Cyber so he could start the game. At that time I think it did contain the fabled "Skull Island" containing approx. 50-70% of the worlds uranium.

9. Cyber opened the map (he wasn't suppose to), and previewed it I guess to make sure it was ok. He mentioned he made some changes, one of which might have been altering or flat out deleting skull island. I don't know what he changed however, so in fact, only Cyber knows the true layout of the map.

So in short, Cyber is the only person who can really answer the question about skull island, and I believe he already said no such island was on the final final version.

Sorry for all the confusion and anger caused by this. I should have known better then to mention ANYTHING about the map in front of another player, although at the time I never could have imagined it would blow up like this. There was never a conspiracy to find the island early and inhabit it between myself and Blackdragon, although I must admit I was looking forward to seeing the **** hit the fan once a few people discovered physics.
                              Last edited by Pinchak; August 28, 2008, 21:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                                Well the existence or non-existence of this "skull island" doesn't seem to be an issue for me. It could be a creative thing we could role-play, and create great strategic competition for this one resource if it is all in the same spot.

So that isn't really an issue.

The one and only issue in my mind is the fact that either CS & Pinchak spread around important information to a limited number of players trying to get a strategic advantage, or a third party peaked at the map illicitly to get a strategic advantage and told his allies.

THAT I have a big problem with.

So... since the cat is out of the bag I'm not sure what to do. We can't remove the island (if it exists) at this point.

So our options are: kick out whoever it is that peaked at the map and spread this around or just realize that since Raz did the right thing and let us know that we all have the same strategic advantage and will all seek out this mysterious skull island. Which would again create an equal playing field. And be pretty exciting
                                thankyou ozzy. you are the first to say i did right thing in passing information on,, whwther it be lies or not. it is the map issue that concerned me most not whether there was a conspiaracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X