Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummm... I can browse the web, and the Pitboss server can run, however, nothing else can connect to the internet from my computer for some reason. this includes Civ, so I can't play my turn without using my laptop...

Annoying and odd, but doesn't yet break pitboss.
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Originally posted by MMC
      I use the HighRes version, and the scale tool.
      cool dont use the scale tool what does that do./?

Comment

Hummm... I can browse the web, and the Pitboss server can run, however, nothing else can connect to the internet from my computer for some reason. this includes Civ, so I can't play my turn without using my laptop...

Annoying and odd, but doesn't yet break pitboss.
        Weird..... the pitboss server shouldn't require much resources. I ran it next to a Lotus Domino server without problems.

Does your pc have enough memory?
        Maybe you should just reboot it. (save game first )
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Hmmm, Russia missed 5 turns in a row.........
          I'm starting to worry about him. Anybody knows more about the absence of Russia?

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

Weird..... the pitboss server shouldn't require much resources. I ran it next to a Lotus Domino server without problems.

Does your pc have enough memory?
            Maybe you should just reboot it. (save game first )
            I did reboot... twice. I have 3Gb (about 300 - 400Mb in use) of RAM, and I've previously run multiple Pitboss servers on this machine with no adverse effects. The problem isn't a resources problem, except for something that basically makes the internet unavailable for any program that asks for it (if they just assume a connection is there and connect without asking, then they get through, that's how Pitboss, Opera, Pidgin, and a few other programs seem to be connecting).

EDIT: Civ is one of the affected programs. My theory is that I killed the firewall the wrong way, and so when a program asks for permission to connect through the firewall, it doesn't realise that there isn't one, and so doesn't get a reply that says yes or no.
            Last edited by MMC; August 24, 2008, 13:02.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
              cool dont use the scale tool what does that do./?
              It resizes some of the textures to make them look more realistic when placed alongside each other. It can also resize the text (so if you've got a massive screen and are used to loads of space, you can shrink the text to give yourself more room).

Comment

• As some already said, its funny to see Russia declare war and miss what 5-6 turns now. At least get a sub Russia, you are being very inconsistent lately.

CS maybe you need to email the real player behind Russia and remind him that after all he signed up for a game not spring break.

Comment

• The problem is:
                  1. I can't mail
                  2. I'm not sure if I should break Russia's anonymous identity. Maybe wait till he shows up once again and ask him about his intentions for this game.

Comment

• Oddly enough... I can mail.
                    I got a mailer error from Vamp (something about 'Sender not authorised' or something like that), so the turn emails are being sent.

Should I kick Russia to AI for the time being?

Comment

• You can send e-mail, but you can't receive it. So the plomp mails you send won't be received

Comment

Should I kick Russia to AI for the time being?
                        you should do it but get rome to temeraraly stop the war.

Comment

• I'm sick and tired of this sh*t.

Sorry Cyber but I blame you.

First of all you are making no effort to come up with a rule for the 33% thing, then you allow Russia to miss five straight turns and do nothing about it. If you are the de facto organizer of this game please act like it. The longer turn timer is fine, although not everyone agreed with it, but now you've got a player who isn't playing and has declared war too, so the game is going to take longer. I mean seriously, if the guy hasn't said anything and hasn't shown up for five straight sessions he should be switched to AI. This should have happened after two or three missed sessions. Maybe something happened to him, maybe he got arrested, maybe he's hurt, who knows. But that assumption is no reason to let it continue, and on top of all that he's missed multiple turns in a row before this, so there is a history of this. I suggest he is either switched to AI or replaced, but he should probably be switched to AI until we figure out what his excuse is.

Comment

• Ok lets settle down a bit.

Apart from the fact he at war and an AI wont necessarily do as well as the human in war. sounds like the Russians are basically running away from Rome at present in their war.

What is the probelm with him missing his turn.

I am fed up people demanding the turns be down quickly.

We agreed prior to game start that we would be doing one turn per day. The timer is currently less than 24 hr i am informed this makes it work as a 24 hr timer so be it. But to kick someoneout just becasue the timer is taking 22hrs is not RIGHT

This is one of those rules we agreed to ONE TURN PER DAY. so if russia doesnt play it is no penalty to anyone but himself.

In fact turning Russia to AI could in fact beneift those civs around Russia as they could if they mean, take advantage of the AI and do well for themselves.

If russia is moved to AI , then the war must be ended first. i dont want the russians continuing as AI fighting the romans nor do iwant others to be able to attack the Russians,

In fact it better that rome hold its current postions till Russia is contacted allow the turn timer to run down as agreed before game started

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                              You can send e-mail, but you can't receive it. So the plomp mails you send won't be received
                              I meant the turn emails sent by the pitboss server are sent from my SMTP now, not yours, so they're still going out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings

This is one of those rules we agreed to ONE TURN PER DAY. so if russia doesnt play it is no penalty to anyone but himself.
                                QFT

We agreed to one turn per day. The timer running out is no big deal and people should live with that. IF they wanted a faster game they should have lobbied for a shorter timer.

Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings

In fact it better that rome hold its current postions till Russia is contacted allow the turn timer to run down as agreed before game started
                                That's what I've been doing.

Though I fear that once Russia sees the army I've been producing, they will have no choice but to surrender.

I won't attack them until they get back.

Comment

Working...
                                X