Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW We can't vote for ourselves right?

I think its not explicitly in the rules, so a slight edit may be in order.

Comment

• you are quite correct no voting for yourself.

All votes to be made by your Pitboss Civ name.

Cyber did mention this earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
        do i need to send my again or did you copy and paste from earlier ?
        you must send them yourself.
        I don't access the vote-mailbox.

@Corea: vote@diplo.plomp.eu (or votes@diplo.plomp.eu)

I'll update the rules in the first post.
        All vote info is in the first post, for easy reference.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Also, we are now at 100 turns. Are we going to switch to 24 hour (or 22 or whatever) turns now?
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• i think we should stay the way we are with 12 hour turns.

Comment

• 12hr good good its good for you!

Comment

• I prefer that we stay with the (12hr)

I actually have no problem going more on the timer, but only if people try to take their turn promptly and not leave the timer to run out.

I've seen games in the past (set to 16 - 20hr timers) people just do not take their turns in 4-5 times in a row while they weren't even away.

Worse case is to have a slacker slowing down the whole group by not taking his turns.

THAT IS WHY A SHORTER TIMER LIKE THE CURRENT ONE allows us to advance even if we have a dead weight among our ranks.

After all i see this as a team endevour, finish the turn as fast as you can in order to advance the turn.

I actually love the 12hr, as CS said i get up in the morning make my turn, once back from work I take the 2nd one. What if you miss one turn - we constantly talk of giving orders to your guys.

Comment

• What is the logic behind changing it anyway?
                  "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• 12hrs timer is great, but one will still need a sub for even a week of departure.

Comment

• I am asking myself the samething Capo, especially if a player manages to play on 12hr timer 2 months now.

Comment

• Behind changing it to 24?

People who don't have time or opportunity to check in to their computers twice a day can play all their turns. Gives more opportunity for diplomacy.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'm going as Korea now, with a K.
                          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Please revert to the original schedule. I'm sure several of us signed up given a certain schedule and understanding initially a 8 - 12 hour window was easy to handle because most turns nothing happens. However, we are getting to a point where it is no longer easy to queue things and there is something to do almost every turn. Some people may only be able to play at a particular time of day (such as after work). Keeping a 12 hour turn may force people to miss turns or make double moves to keep up.

Comment

• Are you serious? It can't take more than thirty minutes TOPS (and even that is ridiculous) to queue up what your moves are even if you are going to miss a turn. I don't see how the game progressing has anything to do with changing the turn time.

If people can't do their turn every twelve hours that is one thing, but your reasoning here makes no sense.

One Love.

Comment

• Celts, are you yourself not able to do the 2 turns a day?
                                Or are you concerned about others?

We have initially agreed to move to a 24h timer later indeed. If that's what some players want, then we should live up to that agreement.

Though we can re-evaluate now and if nobody disagrees take a smaller turn timer. maybe 16h as a compromis.
                                Many of us love the 12h timer, I think.
                                We can make it a 13h timer as well of course.

That's why I ask: is it yourself, Celts? Or are you speaking up for others?
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X