Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been waiting for a few hours now and no second list, so I am just going to use the one Portagul posted.

Comment

Another Random list? Why? What the hell, I'll do it

Ignore this list, I believe we can just as well go with Portugals.
      1. Japan
      2. England
      3. Maya
      4. Persia
      5. Inca
      6. Khmer
      7. Viking
      8. Rome
      9. England
      10. Korea
      11. America
      12. Russia
      13. Greece
      14. Native America
      15. India
      16. Holy Roman Empire
      17. Celts
      18. Portugal
      Last edited by LzPrst; June 1, 2008, 22:23.
      Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

lol. 2 minutes too late

Comment

i say u just keep the on Portagul did so we can get started already

Comment

fine by me! ignore my list, go with portugal's. I see no reason why a new list would be required...

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
              Well, we need something to refer to b/c of the 2 threads. We can name them "Story thread Continent 1" and "story thread continent 2", but that's a bit boring, isn't it

Pinchak, you don't forget to pm all players their starting continent, right?
              i still see no reason for 2 separate threads , i will be reading both sets of stories anyway so finding them all in one thread would be useful

Comment

I agree with the Vikings. I would also like to ask about the Civstats site. It requires a game administrator password to register your leader it seems. (for the test game, but I assume we'll need one in a few hours for the new game as well)

anyway, I'm off to get some shuteye. Be ready for action in a few hours I hope

Comment

almost time for japan to impose its will

Comment

The map is done!

Good lord, that was one of the most brainwracking things I have ever done.

But oh.... it is sweet! (at least I think so)

Spent most of today balancing things. VERY difficult. I have never second guessed myself so many times in my life! Fixing the code and putting the civs in ate up another 3 hours or so.

Note to Ozzy about coding: Starting another game and copying the code worked great! As far as the revealed tiles however, you don't want to delete all lines with the word reveal. This makes your orginal revealed tiles permantely black. I found the easiest way was to use the "unreveal all tiles" button in WB.

Anyhow, I hope everyone likes it. I actually made it from scratch, not from a prexisting map. There are a few surprises. Nothing too drastic, but there will definatly be a few enjoyable "OMG" moments.

I'm glad I went ahead with Portugals list. I probably couldn't have placed the civs better had I done it manually. One civ in particluar landed PERFECTLY where it needed to. Litterally a one in 18 shot. I won't go into detail but unreal that it got that spot.

Regarding balancing... I had to take into consideration number of resorces, type of resorces, amount of avalible land, amount of fresh water, jungle, access to ocean, access to new world land, location of surrounding civs, etc... Don't get pissed if you are next to a desert, or have some plains, or are surrounded, while your neighboor APPEARS to have it so much better. All things were considered (for literally 10+ hours).

I see no reason why a new list would be required...
                    I sent the email to cyber AFTER the first list was posted (like 2 min later). My intent was to have the map sent before the list was posted so no one could accuse me of picking my spot. I actually think I ended up with one of the rougher starts though... which is fine due to the fact that I have the advantage of knowing the entire map. Just a note, I will be deleting my WB saves once the game starts.

Comment

• Also, I didn't bother emailing people about which contenent they were starting on because we still seem to be on the fence about this.

Not going to sepereratly email 17 people if we might decide to just use a single story thread.

Let me know asap.

Comment

• Yay Pin!

I just got back from Canada, so sorry I couldn't help with the civ/number list. But glad that Portugal did a good job with it. I'm excited to start!

Great to see you put so much thought into the map.

I actually was kinda anal with mine for HOTW12 and even counted out how many of each resource (not for all of them though) I placed on the map and did a hell of a lot of balancing. I didn't make mine from scratch though, I just Ozzyfied a randomly generated one (believe it or not the cool Mediterranean sea was there already).

It can certainly be time consuming, I certainly understand. I can't imagine doing it for 18 civs and starting from scratch. My Erebus map for FfH2 had a large number of civs, but that did have a random map as a base. Everyone definitely needs to bow down before Pin for putting in all this time on the map, especially whilst in the middle of a move and whatever other RL stuff is going on.

Pinchak

Also, I'm in favor of just having one story thread.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• ALSO!

Pin, did you remember to change the name of my civ? And any other custom civs that requested it?
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Yes, yours is custom (although i think you could do it at game start). No other requests for custom.

I just logged in single player as someone else and the reveal tiles are still messed up.

I don't think we are starting for another 22 hours if i understand cyber correctly. I will fix it tomarrow when I get back from work. Should have the final final version to cyber with 6 hours to spare.

Comment

• I'm going to fix the reveal thing, I'll just not peek and only press the 'unreveal' button for all civs, that should do.

starting the game as soon as it's finished.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• meaning.... now? can I play now? Like, right now? get started, sort of? like... now?

Comment

Working...
                                X