Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a bit unsure about my start. lots of resources, but no fresh water... bit uncomfortable, so I spent my first turn moving my settler. found an ok spot for him now though.

and for the record, until further notice I am not Russia, but Novgorod. or more specifically, the Novgorod Rus.

Comment

• Eep.. I didn't realise we were starting so quickly... I was too busy packing.

Comment

• Hey guys this is real slow. I'm wondering could we perhaps set the turn timer, for the next 48 hours after this 24 hour first turn, to 4 hours. In my experience with civ games the first 12 turns, while important, have very little to do

Btw Pinchack are some health resources also worth trading? Making just luxuries worth trading is dull.... but if you mad the resources regional, meaning that my civ can have 10 wheat, but there are lots of civs with no wheat (but they have rice or corn) still allows for trading.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
          I think we might be able to figure out England right away too if they are doing a custom civ as well...
          I have no idea who England is and I would prefer to keep it that way.

Comment

• I never got an e-mail that the game started. Is it currently running?

@Rome: It's bad enough that the turn timer is set to 8 hours for the next 74 turns. Let's not knock it down any further.

Comment

• The Holy Roman Empire passes on its sincere thanks to Cyber Shy for the organization, and to Pinchak for the map.

Charles I bows to both.

As to the turn timer - 8 hours; nothing less. I like my sleep.

Comment

• @ Pitboss Celts.

Yes. The game is up and running and you have another 16 hours to act on your first turn. (and thou shalt pay attention to the forum)

Comment

• I thought the point of giving Cyber Shy our e-mail is so we would be notified when the turns start

Comment

• It notifies when the next turn starts, not when the first turn starts.
                    The first turn just started today, as we agreed upon in this thread

It's also been posted in this thread, which everybody reads obviously before sleeping
                    The first turn is still pending for another 16 hours.

Important: the first turn has been reset, around 8 hours before I posted this post, if you have already done your turn before then, please do it again!!
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Has the first timer ticked over yet? If not I can dive right in and setup some queues.
                      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• If you would've read my last post you would've known that you have another 16 hours before the first turn has ticked over

Comment

• Well, what is the deal with the map then?

Cyber, you just opened it up, call it $hit, and that is the end of it?

Are we having someone else review it? Perferably someone not in the game?

No offence, but your assesment was a bit vauge. What is unfair about it? Why will there be no diplomacy concerning trade. Why no war?

Basicly, you just said there was too much land. Was this a first impression, or did you really look at a few starting postions and figure out how many citys until bumping boarders?

I demand answers!

Comment

• You just got your mail (cross-post/mail )

I don't want to spoil too much, but there's certainly room for at least 15 cities per civ on the 10-civs continent!

That's my main concern. I also think that some civs have way more resources around the corner then others. (avg 25 vs 45).
                            And some starting locations hold 2 resources while others hold up to 9!!
                            But most starting locations have the same avg # of resources.

My main issue is the huge space every civ has to expand. 15 cities is a lot! And I didn't place the cities tight. There's certainly room for 2-6 more if you place them tight. (tight = 4 overlapping tiles per city on avg)

Comment

• Hmm ok you have done a restart. Please remeber no all of us read poly every day so just announcing it in the forum is not sufficient.

I wont be able to log into the game and do my FIRST turn again for another 10 hours from now.

I hope there is still time to do that before the first turn expires.

As to shorter turn times i unfortunately will have to resign from game if that occurs, appernetly some people can play and work and sleep all at the same time. I can only play ONCE per 24 hour period, except possibly on weekends, but Aussie weekends are diferent to US ones by one day.

So lets stick to 24 hr turns as that allows us all to play once a day regrdless of time zones.

If you want more action go play a normal PITBOSS game as well.

Reading the above posts it is a bit amusing to me that people have already fou nd out what techs they have or odnt have. I just clicked Build city and sent my scout one turn north of the city, waiting till next turn to start my research.

I did go to civstats and wondered how some civs tht hadnt played yet was aleady on 34 pts so it was obviously those with a premade city.

Hopefully al lis fixed, i will replay my first turn tonight and if necessary update my story thread, but i dont hink it will be necaassy , seems a very boring area i been given to settle in. hopefully it the same for everyone else otherwise it wont be long before my one city is overrun by the screaming hordes of invaders.

Also are barbarians active, if so with so little around me for assistance such as trees for speeding production i can see the barbarians will be at my door before i can build any real defender.

Oh well i guess it possible just me.

Comment

• @Vikings: 13,5 hours left from the moment you posted your post.

It's normal barbarians.

Comment

Working...
                                X