This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pitboss Persia
    I wasn't complaining about you being here Viking. I simply tried to cheer you up a little.

Btw, i prefer the current situation rather than having the Vikings in the hands of a veteran player .

Edit : Oh, and difficulty is Prince IIRC.
    Ah yes por viking
    I see monarch seting in my game

Comment

• this game will take forever i saw stay and learn. if you want to get better play sp on harder level. you will do fine just practice a little more and if you really need help we are always here to help you

Comment

• @ Rasputin.

Don't leave. You will get a lot of help and tips here that will increase your skill, and with good diplomacy you can offset any disadvantage.

But by all means, practice. play on Noble with Aggressive AI. you'll have some rough encounters, but at that level you and the AI are positioned equally, meaning that you pay the same amount for units, tech, buildings, and start with the same stuff. you also have the same happiness and health limits, i think. when you win, you win a fair game, meaning you are better than the AI. if you get crushed, then you will hopefully have learned something. (like, if your neighbour is Montezuma, build all your cities on hills, and keep them well defended) there are many different paths to victory.

here's a few good tips that I always find useful.
        -be paranoid. very paranoid. assume at all times that 2 of your neighbours will declare war on you and be prepared for it. (sooo easy to forget when there's so many pretty buildings to build)
        -a good way to keep a strong military is have a city dedicated to building military units. ideally placed with some good food resources and lots of hills. don't build libraries or whatever, just a barracks, and possibly a granary to get it up to size (and happiness and health buildings if needed). one high production city churning out nothing but military units is an asset worth as much as 3 cottage cities (cause you get to keep the latter). it's also a very natural place to put any great generals you may get. 1 GG will with the barracks give new units 5 xp = 2 promotions out of the gate. very valuable.
        -cottages are good. go with them. they are the best way to develop a civilization. it gives cash, tech, and potentially culture and espionage points. windmills, watermills, workshops are for advanced players. cottage spamming is the simplest way to a strong economy = more tech = more tech buildings, better units and more production. farms and mines are useful, especially the latter on hills should be found in most cities to get some manner of production. all cash and no hammers = no buildings, no units, no chance. you can very easily change priorities with a single click by using the "City Governor Priority Function" found under the "Whip Population" button. Alternate between production and cash to get both economic and "solid" development.
        -resources are very important. especially on higher levels. early game, luxuries (happiness-resources) is the most important. later on health resources. strategic resources are ALWAYS important, BUT you can manage without, just try to counterbalance. without metal, get horses, or elephants. you can manage fine without horses, if you have metal. and even vice versa (provided you have siege weapons) catapults are great weapons that don't require any resource. always keep a stack around.
        -in a war, siege weapons are priceless, for defence and offence.
        -if you fear a neighbour, make sure he has no route to your cities that will allow him to stay in forest or hills. in the open he will be exposed and far more easily weakened by siege weapons and destroyed. don't throw away units a few at a time. always try to hit the enemy with a stack.
        -roads on every square is a great asset when fighting a defensive war. but always consider if there are squares worth improving that should take priority. the easiest way to do that is count the number of developed squares (with a mine or cottage or farm or whatever) and compare it to the city's size. if you have more population in the city than developed squares, prioritize cottages (or whatever) over roads.
        -in many ways there is no "wrong" decision when teching. it's a matter of priorities. just try to choose your research based on current needs and what you will likely need in the future.
        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• I'm not talking to anyone as I haven't met them.

Seriously thats ok here isn't it?

Also I'm very interested in increasing the size of my attachments ... I've tried several different things and my attachment is always the same size.

( just kidding btw if its not obvious ... just chuckle to myself every time I see that here in apolyton )

I have never played on Epic speed before ... Things do seem to take a long time ... I'm queuing things up and logging in about every 3 days ... hope that is ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
            update.

No further activity for 0ver 300 years due to stupid game mechanics.. Cant use worker to do anything...
            Are the vikings so primitive that building a farm or cottage is unknown to them?

Comment

• yes , they dont know how to build farms or cottages. Werent starting techs,.
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• CIVSTATS ... I want to register my leader but need the password ... what is the password ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss America
                  CIVSTATS ... I want to register my leader but need the password ... what is the password ?
                  The same as the one you use to log in to the game.

Comment

• thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss America
                      CIVSTATS ... I want to register my leader but need the password ... what is the password ?
                      The same as the one you use to login to gmail and apolyton. (anon accounts)
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• MODs, can you delete this post and the two above it.

Unnessasary OOC.

Bad enough I have to hear Rasputians drama in the organization thread, but lets keep it out of the story thead plz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Maya
                          MODs, can you delete this post and the two above it.

Unnessasary OOC.

Bad enough I have to hear Rasputians drama in the organization thread, but lets keep it out of the story thead plz.
                          please keep the story thread on-topic indeed.
                          Keep comments on the story thread in the organization thread.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Unnessasary OOC.

The Mayans are right. though they should take the additude out their writing they are wise. the think I don’t understand though is how can the person was always telling me to play nice is the first to want to kick someone out. I think someone is letting the stress from their real live affect the way they play and talk to people. that’s just my opinion.

Comment

Unnessasary OOC.

F%$^ Off !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings

F%$^ Off !!!!

That's not how to behave. The proper high ranking political official statement would be: "Go f%$^yourself."

Now that this has been properly established as the standard mode of communication for world leaders and their vices, I would like to request people to keep this form of behaviour to a minimum, since it is not very Civilized . Maya, you are correct in your request, but do refrain from personal affronts, it is impolite. The same can be said for Rasputin's reply. We are all mature adults here. (I presume...)
                                Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Working...
                                X