Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would realy appreciate if people would humor me with one host attempt.
    'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

From America:
      My sister was drunk and got in a car accident, I have to leave now. Can't play, please get me a good sub
      I really want to play. I'll try and make it back and apologize to the group, I have to go now - tell the boys I'm really sorry, I've got to go now. Bye

Dirk Ginkel of Huygens, Ginkel [RIP] & Clovis
      [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Need me?
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Good session all, thank you Ozzy for subbing!

Comment

Sucks about America. Hope nobody got hurt.

Other then the first half hour, awesome session with limited comercial interuptions.
            YIM is CarpathiaCiv
            MSN is CarpathiaCiv
            Email is diplo_carpathia at plomp dot eu

Comment

Ottomans responsible for 3 trades in the session
              Civil Service x2
              Currency x 1
              previous trades
              Mathematics x1
              Unknown x 1
              Total of 5 trades

Comment

We hope that our friends the Americans are well - and will return to us very soon.

We thank god Ozzy for coming down to terra to assist the American nation in this difficult times for them.
                Last edited by Diplo Inca; February 24, 2008, 11:03.

Comment

I’ve come with a very good arrangement with Nols. She had the good idea of us cooperating, she would do the playing, I would do the story. We would also meet between sessions to discus things about the game and general strategy. We haven't talked about midsession diplomacy yet.

I really liked the idea. I'm loving HOTW12, I don't want to leave it. I'm also not giving up on my attempts to solve my problems... but arrangements must be made.

Thus France has the larges and most efficient government on Terra. Now go start learning French.

@America: I hope your sister is ok.
                  Last edited by Diplo France; February 24, 2008, 11:24.
                  'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

America made one trade, calendar for construction.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Some people seem to be forgetting we are using this! There is still a bit of time to change it. But don't whine about it at the 11th hour!

How we determine the winner.
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Carpathia traded...

Construction for American Calender.

Math for Mali Monarch.

Recieved Currency for the price of Bacau. Still owed one more tech from Mali.

Two free techs for the price of a settler? I give myself major diplomacy props expecially since I was overextended anyway.

For the record that leaves me with 7 techs to trade.
                        YIM is CarpathiaCiv
                        MSN is CarpathiaCiv

Comment

btw, the tech trade limit kinda hamstrings subs. At least subs that didn't speak with the perm player. I didn't know what trades had been done or which I could do. I didn't want to mess things up for the future for the perm player. Resource trades can be undone, and most other actions seem to have more clearly positive vs. negative consequences that I could just make an executive decision on.

But tech trades could go either way. So it makes it tougher.

Comment

Holland has now used up 4 of its' tech trades.

Traded:

Theology
                            Monotheism
                            Monarchy
                            Machinery

Who I traded to and what I got is none of your business.

[Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              btw, the tech trade limit kinda hamstrings subs.
                              Fair point but a bit of communication on all sides should see it through and a good sub like you has read the threads

The 10 tech trades I really like. It eliminates a lot of stress and solves the tech whoring problem. The only down side is that it sorts out the sheep from the goats and tech gifting can't really happen to give a leg up.

All the same I love this model and remember it's not about winning. Such great stories are coming from all of us whether top or bottom.

I really wish we could hide the score display because that is the only major bug bear effecting player behaviour.
                              [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Just to let you know Ozzy, my interactions concerning tech would have been in whoever is americas wishes. I am sure they will confirm this.

And again, thanks for subbing Ozzy.

Such great stories are coming from all of us whether top or bottom.
                                Yes, I very much like reading them on my lunch break at work. Keep em comming though, seems like they have slowed down a bit.
                                YIM is CarpathiaCiv
                                MSN is CarpathiaCiv

Comment

Working...
                                X