This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diplo Inca
    I would really much appreciate it if people try to be a bit more friendlier towards eachother.

The game can really shine if people can focus their energy on IC in game instead of OOC in here
    I have to disagree.

The game IS shining! And OOC and IC tension is good!

It's a problem of diplo games if we all get too friendly and nice. Mind you I agree that it should be expressed IC.
    Dirk Ginkel of Huygens, Ginkel [RIP] & Clovis
    [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

I still don't know who anyone is. lol

Someone tell me who American is? Please? PM it to me. lol
      YIM is CarpathiaCiv
      MSN is CarpathiaCiv
      Email is diplo_carpathia at plomp dot eu

Comment

I know
        I should share it b/c he doesn't want to vote for me
        j/k

On a serious note, does anybody still have problems with his e-mail?
        I've written some lengty explanations about the mail (most probably too lengthy so that nobody read it) but didn't got any feedback on it, so I wonder if there are still problems.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

will you people stop moaning about the anon play and try to stay in character? just do your best people, and don't go flying off the handle. gods! I work in a primary school, and they're better behaved most times.

and america. haven't we agreed that we won't try to guess eachothers identities, and if we do find out, try to avoid using it and stay IC? contacting holland by his real identity is a breach of etiquette. holland should point that out and tell the rest of us. everyone makes mistakes, but you seem to have no respect for anon play at all. that in itself isnt a problem, if you would only do your best to adhere to it, since it is the will of the majoriy. but by extension it indicates that you have no care for the rules the rest of us agree on; that we would try to make the game work with anon play. in other words, you're showing that you have no respect for us other players by disrespecting the will of the majority. you don't want to be singled out? STOP GUESSING WHO PEOPLE ARE!! stay in character!

and that goes for everyone!

as for mali. your screenshots may be a bit excessive. if you edit them in paint or photoshop or whatever you can blot out some things that shouldn't be seen. if you willfully want to divulge these things, that's fine with me, though I consider screenshots like that to be a poor supplement to storythreads compared to some other pics I've seen. also, keep in mind other civs are going to dislike having their secrets revealed. I love it, cause I can see what everyone else is researching
          Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

25hrs till session 4

Comment

Not much in the way of story telling this session.

Think I got this one in the bag.
              YIM is CarpathiaCiv
              MSN is CarpathiaCiv
              Email is diplo_carpathia at plomp dot eu

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                I know
                I should share it b/c he doesn't want to vote for me
                j/k

On a serious note, does anybody still have problems with his e-mail?
                I've written some lengty explanations about the mail (most probably too lengthy so that nobody read it) but didn't got any feedback on it, so I wonder if there are still problems.
                Diplo Holland at plomp is running beautifully - thx CS.
                [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst
                  also, keep in mind other civs are going to dislike having their secrets revealed. I love it, cause I can see what everyone else is researching

[Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Originally posted by Diplo Carpathia
                    Not much in the way of story telling this session.

Think I got this one in the bag.
                    America wrote quite a bit so its not a sure win.

Cherish the victory while you can, France will return with its stories as soon as we can join a session again.
                    'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

@Carpathia

Just curious if you changed your fan? I guess if you drop due to the same reasons we will wait again.

Do players agree if we set a 15mins waiting rule for people who drop?

I think that some will dislike that idea - but having rules set will reasure that the game advances properly. 15mins is enough time for many to find their way back.

Also this will help us not argue when someone drops and all that no conitnue starts going around. We wait 15mins look for a sub if not we play on.

I already can tell that we have a very reliable group of people WHICH IS GREAT and what diplo needs.

There will be a sub on stand by for Diplo France again as well.

.Also lets all please today share our contact information so we can have easy contact with eachother

One last thing - do you guys think we should start posting the score table and keep track of progress. Deity use to do that in HOTW7 which was lots of fun
                      Last edited by Diplo Inca; February 23, 2008, 10:22.

Comment

Tracking score would be fun.

PEOPLE I AM ONLINE NOW, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A QUICK TEST. PLEASE! I need my dosage of HOTW12 bad!

I've tried a few new things so, It might work. I did a test with a friend and it worked. That dosen't say anything since it worked before as well, all it does let me know is that I haven't screwed things up more than they are.

People please be early tommorw! I would realy appreciate 30 min to try to solve my problem. From what I understand a sub is ready. If despite my fixes the whole thing will be like before, I'll try hosting, since the problem seems to occur when I join, so me hosting might be a workaround.
                        'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

Hollande supports the Inca proposal but maybe make it 20 mins wait before we proceed with a sub or AI.

If we have a sub we get them to join the game exactly 20 mins after the drop.

Agree?
                          [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

France should test with Mongolia I suggest as the save he has may let you play on if your connection is OK now.

Other testing is not relevant - it has to be with the latest host save I say.

If the host has the game up early maybe just go in before the game starts to see what happens - ie if you at least join correctly.

France is a great asset to the game so I'm prepared to alllow France ONE hosting attempt to see if this solves the issue. If it fails we quickly move on with the regular host. Just my one cent.
                            [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Originally posted by Diplo France
                              Tracking score would be fun.

PEOPLE I AM ONLINE NOW, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A QUICK TEST. PLEASE! I need my dosage of HOTW12 bad!

I've tried a few new things so, It might work. I did a test with a friend and it worked. That dosen't say anything since it worked before as well, all it does let me know is that I haven't screwed things up more than they are.

People please be early tommorw! I would realy appreciate 30 min to try to solve my problem. From what I understand a sub is ready. If despite my fixes the whole thing will be like before, I'll try hosting, since the problem seems to occur when I join, so me hosting might be a workaround.
                              You say that after session 2 you changed to a new VOIP router. It is clear to me that you should get rid of this and go back to something like what you had before. I just know it's NOT going to work today for you which saddens moi.

VOIP and MP gaming don't mix as far as I can tell from a few experiences.

And if deity can be bothered to do a score chart great!
                              [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

I'll put the game up a bit earlier. that is now. 2 hours before official start. for reasons I choose not to disclose to the general public.

kidding. but anyway, the game is up now and I'll try to be there half an hour before start so that we can try to work things out with france.
                                e-mail: diplo_mongolia [at] plomp.eu
                                msn: diplo_mongolia [at] hotmail.com

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

Working...
                                X