Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danny.P.O
    Nations of the world,

The Ottoman Empire has been turned over to the great Ivan. The great Ivan would like to extend the hand of friendship to all, especially those who might have been enemies of The Ottoman Empire in the past. The great Ivan looks forward to hearing from all who wish to start anew. We hope to hear from all nations.

Ivan,
    Hail to Ivan of the Ottomans.

This is your friend and ally Dirk Ginkel of the Hollande Democracy. We have helped each other in many wars and have close ties.

You had a devastating war with Mongolia in the old world where much Dutch miltary was gifted to you to stave off defeat. In the end diplomacy prevailed and you negotiated your cities in the old world for other benefits (you'll need to read back over the posts to pick out the details).

The French attacked you in New Hollande recently but calmer heads now prevail.

The Ottomans (under Trev's leadership) tried an interesting experiment by moving their whole nation from the old world to the new.

Note that although Hollande discovered the new world and were the first to circumnavigate the globe we chose to not settle in New Hollande, save one city.

In those days the French, Dutch and Ottomans worked very closely to develop New Hollande with the Ottomans learning Astronomy ahead of all other nations.

Relations with France soured as they fell under the sway of Mongol influence, however.

France was Hollande's closest ally in ancient times and were greatly helped by us. They betrayed us and the Ottomans - France can never be trusted.

But read the threads to get a much more detailed history

From Dirk Ginkel
    Dirk Ginkel of Huygens, Ginkel [RIP] & Clovis
    [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

• Originally posted by Diplo Holland

Relations with France soured as they fell under the sway of Mongol influence, however.

France was Hollande's closest ally in ancient times and were greatly helped by us. They betrayed us and the Ottomans - France can never be trusted.

I as a French historian disagree with this, if you remember our attack of the Ottomans was not due to Mongol interference but a attack to avenge the death of thousands of civilians in a underhanded terrorist attack, also Ottomans had just 50 years prior ruthlessly attacked us on bogus charges of piracy taking capturing our main production center as well as annexing Quebeck. The second war merley reversed the effects of the first unjust war. It was also a preemptive strike, since it seemed that the Ottoman empire was preparing for an imminent invasion of our poorly defended homeland so we instructed the forces stationed in New France to move north quickly.

If anyone doubts the words of someone who may be considered biased (though I have in my studies of French history tried to remain as a impartial observer as possible) should check out historical sources (this thread) and they will see they confirm my interpretation of the Ottoman-French conflict. Relations whit Holland soured due to what the French people saw as support for the Ottomans during the Ottoman war of aggression.

Finally, France together with the Incas helped the Ottomans annex the province of Germany making Ottomans a nearly continent wide state.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Take heed Ottomans.

France has just beaten you up and talk to Trev (orig Otts) about all this inc the piracy. It was France who are believed to be the main pirates in that era.

And France betrayed Hollande at the start of the First Great ancient war by letting Mongol troops sneak through before the sea exploration age.

And again in the Second Great War Mongol troops were allowd through to attach us.

France even drew up a map showing how all mainland Hollande would be divided up!

Heraclitus, as a great objective historian, can you please post that map?
        [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

• Is there any nation that actually trusts France?

Honestly?
          [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Take heed Ottomans.

France has just beaten you up and talk to Trev (orig Otts) about all this inc the piracy. It was France who are believed to be the main pirates in that era.

And France betrayed Hollande at the start of the First Great ancient war by letting Mongol troops sneak through before the sea exploration age.

And again in the Second Great War Mongol troops were allowd through to attach us.

France even drew up a map showing how all mainland Hollande would be divided up!

Heraclitus, as a great objective historian, can you please post that map?
            You conviently let slip the fact that France also lost shipping due to piracy, as a historian my assessment is that many nations engaged in the practice.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Is there any nation that actually trusts France?

Honestly?

All treaty obligations ever made where kept. Does Holland remember the tech trade the two nations agreed to? The knowledge of astronomy was shared with the Dutch in an age when relations where already strained and such action was against France's best interest, but the kings felt that the word their ancestors gave (in better times) should be upheld.

Comment

• trust them? no.
                like them? yes.
                e-mail: diplo_mongolia [at] plomp.eu
                msn: diplo_mongolia [at] hotmail.com

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

• @Holland: In any case I am but a humble historian, but even I can see that such attitudes will not make you popular with the new French government which some have reason to believe may take a completely different course.

Comment

• I do love diplo games.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Heraclitus - you had posted in the organization thread ...

Oh before I forget:

-there is a French city in New France that is currently owned by Russia. I had a deal with Nols to pay her gold and have her develop the city since she would have lower upkeep costs. The city should be returned to the player who gets France by the new Russia
                      Any idea which city? Thx.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Mali needs to play their turn...

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

• Aboard the Flagship of the 1st Fleet, the Hangarcraft, Iron Plain.

The communications officer finishes scribbling then rises and exits into the command room. -
                          Captain Abaar? We have received more updates from headquarters, the representatives have agreed to a peace treaty, and Holland has apparently replied favorably. It seems the war is over.

-Ensign, have we received the coded recall order? No? Then we will continue to sail north, we will not halt under any circumstance other than the express recall order that will be sent only when a cease fire is officially signed. And I have still not heard on the Radio anything about the cease fire being signed, nor Turfan returned. I will not compromise strategic advantage based on mere negotiations, regardless of how certain they seem. Politicians can't be trusted and our nation depends on us. We will continue to sail to Dutch waters until the treaty is signed. I understand you are concerned young man, but we must remain stalwart. We will return homewards when peace is official. Now return to your post.

Comment

• Ivan assessed the nation he was given. The nation was not too large but not too small. It lacked the oil needed to build modern weaponry, which was a big problem for him. With aggressive nations all around there was no telling whom he could trust and whom he could not. Never the less he tried to work with what he had.

The first thing he did was change the entire government from what it was before. It was his thoughts that with a new leader the government had to reflect the leader. Being raised as a Muslim he made it a vocal point to spread Islam through out the Ottoman Empire. He then took a closer look at the cities and the land around noting many unsettled lands that could easily fit another few Ottoman cities so he issued settlers to be made. We also noted a reserve of oil that is only slightly away from Ottoman grasp. This city looked to be the only one in the area but he was still unsure whom it belonged to. What he did know was that the city was important to the future of the Ottoman Empire and he was willing to do what it took to get that city under Ottoman control.

He also noted warships positioned on the other side of the world. To his knowledge the Ottoman Empire was not at war so he called all the warships back to the homeland. All Ottoman forces were to return to the Ottoman Empire. He also sent a small unit of troops to the north to take the final German city left standing. He hoped to finish the job quickly with minimal casualties.

Comment

• *From the Secretary of War of the Revolutionary French Government*

Effective immediately, a state of war shall exist between the state of France and the detestable nation of Holland. We demand any peace agreement to be concluded in 3 party talks with Mongolia. All unilateral talks will be ignored. *End Communcation*
                              Last edited by Diplo France; December 4, 2008, 11:02.
                              'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

• Dirk Ginkel made his last national announcement.

"Today, Hollande was viciously attacked by France.

Our Oil wells were destroyed and the city of Istanbul was on the threshhold of being lost with a huge stack of enemy infantry at the city's gates.

Istanbul was planned to be handed back to the Ottomans (the owners) as they desired the Oil resource. This attack fast tracked that plan and despite French protestations is an organic and understood part of Dutch/Ottoman relations.

Hollande fears for the Ottomans and believes France will turn nasty on them. I appeal to the French that despite our differences you heed the calls for trade with the Ottomans to secure your Oil resource. They are reasonable and decent people who deserve for their New World experiment to succeeed. All of Terra has a stake in this.

People of Hollande, I hear your calls for revenge against France and it is true that we have for too long tolerated France's treachury. Once ancient allies they have now started the first overt war with Hollande.

Our troops have captured and re-captured Lyons as a reprisal and as a strategic point.

France might be strong in the New Hollande but in the old world she is weak. So have no fears at home.

I hear cries from some of you to release Commander Himmel from De Hague war crimes process, so as to peform military strategic duties in this war.

I have to say to you that such an idea is repugnant and the war crime proces will re-continue after the war.

Commander Clovis, yes the same man of Clovis lineage, is underaking the operation and has just completed a new Military Instructorship in Utrecht as a Great General.

People of Hollande, our troops are strong and our navy is recovering.

We quickly wiped out the French naval contingent that destroyed our Oil Wells and have embarked on a major naval building program.

People of Hollande I love our pacifist nature and the great achievements of Hollande but this is a ti me we stand strong in defence of what we love.

I will remain in control of parliament until this war is over but as a tiring and old man I must stand down..

People of Hollande!"
                                [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Working...
                                X