No announcement yet.

History of the World 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Marathon was standard for diplo - mormal seems... well like a normal game

Comment

Tech trading accelerates a game much quicker than with no tech trading.

I'm a self proclamed opponent of tech trading. Basicly, everyone B-Lines to Alphabet, and from there it is just a tech swap meet.

Since it is another option, most people see it as making the game more dynamic. The reality (IMO) is that it dumbs down the importance of choosing a tech path, and investing in tech.

Just my 2 cents.

Anyway, I might be interested in joining up for HOTW 10, regardless of tech trading. What exact day and time are we thinking of making it?

Comment

I better wait till after my overseas trip before committing toanother big game. I'll be back in late June and ready to play then

Well, maybe HOTW11
        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

The "History of the World" tag is growing old. After 10 we need a new name

HOTW 6 was officially titled History of Terra 1
          I suggest that after HOTW10 we get HOT2, Tales From Terra may be even better

Other map types then Terra may be interesting as well, huge archipello maps must be interesting, perhaps we can create one that connects all land masses to each other by small seas that can be crossed by galleys already.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

So we have 6 now

Beta
            Makahlua
            Deity Dude
            LzPrst
            NVP
            Pinchak

If writing civ histories is causing people not to join we could always do a "diplo-lite" game where story writing is kept to a minimum.

BTW - how do civs write their histories before they discover writing?

PS - I'd prefer Sunday-Thurs night USA Eastern as I play regular games Friday and Saturday night.

Comment

HEY!!!!!

Don't change the "History of the World," name! Its good because you don't necessarily have to play on a Terra map, originally most diplogames were played on Earth maps. Besides that I thought of the name.

Don't change HOTW.

Peace
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                BTW - how do civs write their histories before they discover writing?
                Father to son story telling.
                That's what people used to be very good at before writing stories.
                We lost that because write everything down.

Comment

I would suggest not picking empires.

People should get used to playing unusual choices.

Comment

I may as well put my name down... I'm sure I'll last longer than lz anyway
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by The Capo
                      HEY!!!!!

Don't change the "History of the World," name! Its good because you don't necessarily have to play on a Terra map, originally most diplogames were played on Earth maps. Besides that I thought of the name.

Don't change HOTW.

Peace
                      You gonna join the game?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

lz doesn't re-appear as the thread slips down the list...

*deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by deity
                          Originally posted by deity
                          That's a quick win for you

Comment

Do we have 7?

Beta
                            Makahlua
                            Deity Dude
                            LzPrst
                            NVP
                            Pinchak
                            Deity????

Comment

I like kb's idea of not choosing empires? Or alternatively - pick civs with a common theme - as in all Asian, or all European, or all aggressive, and assign them randomly before the game starts.
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

And oh yes - I also agree with Capo - keep the HOTW name.
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X