No announcement yet.

History of the World 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as I wont be able to finish any game started due to my travels starting october, someone else will have to take charge for this game. I suspect Mr.Lincoln has enough interest and experience to take over if he so wishes.
    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
        Is this ever gonna happen
        Yes!!

lz is setting it up as an Epic speed huge Earth map diplo game...

It might be played very late USA Friday nights/Europe Sat mornings/Aust Sat evening... to be discussed...
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Huge map size?

How many players are you expecting to have?

Comment

Players: 7-10.

Map: to be discussed. Suggested a set map, like earth or europe. Size is uncertain. we dont want too big, there has to be some competition for land and resources. further discussion will follow once we have players.

Speed: EPIC (not marathon)

This is intended to be a "light" game, in the sense that it's 'only' epic. Everything else is all diplo and we will be introducing a new, light ruleset to encourage dynamic play. I think also Ozzy's score system should be tried implemented, and I will do some looking into the possibilities of creating an automated system for counting them.

Comment

introducing a new, light ruleset to encourage dynamic play
              So I take it razing capitals is allowed then?

As I mentioned before, it the time slot for this is pushed to late Friday night I can play. Saturday also works.

MAKE SURE TO PM ME IF THE TIMESLOT FOR THIS CHANGES FROM EARLY FRIDAY EVENING!

Comment

I can help set up the map and will occasionally make myself available to sub. But I won't be playing.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

great to have you in the shadows ozzy

and I will certainly PM you Pinchak, if there is a timeslot change, and I intend on making that happen. though... early saturday morning in europe is LATE friday night for you I suspect...

we will see what will be. as for now, tomorrow I'll PM Deity Dude and Haley and see if we can bring them back into the fold, and we need to start counting. How many players can we realistically get?

Comment

LATE friday night
                    Actually... perfect. I should get off work around 10, kid in bed and wife at work. I'm nocturnal, so I do my best thinking then anyway.

Comment

This is the preliminary ruleset. Some of it needs discussion, but this is the gist of it.

1. Anonymous playing.
                      A) Each diploplayer will create a gamespy account called "Diplogame-*name of civ*".
                      B) Furthermore, every player will do the same with an account here on Apolyton. We have green light from mods to do this, BUT WAIT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!
                      C) All diplomacy, ALL diplomacy will be done 'IN CHARACTER'.
                      D) If chatting software is needed, we may decide to create logins following the "Diplogame-*name of civ*, system in a pre-agreed IM client, such as MSN, AIM, YIM, IRC or whatever, as long as we all agree to use the SAME client.
                      E) Because of the anonymity factor passwords will undoubtedly cause far more problems than they would 'solve'. As such NO ONE, INCLUDING SUBS WHO MUST BE TOLD, NO ONE may password their civs. We are honorable men, and lady, and we do not cheat. We may exploit the system, nudge at the rules, seek to circumvent uncomforts, but we do NOT cheat.

2. Diplomacy Related
                      A) All alliances must be official and declared in the story thread or in ingame chat if the alliance is created during a session, by BOTH participating Empires.
                      B) The top 3 Empires on the score chart may NOT be allied with eachother. (the exact timing of the 'forced' break needs discussion)
                      C) An alliance must have an ingame base consisting of either;
                      I. Shared Religion
                      II. Shared Civics (Minimum of same 3 civics)
                      III. Properly Established story basis. This must have some Established BASE, for example; natural friendship, shared corporations, shared "history, and similar.

- Established meaning Announced before session start in story thread by BOTH players. (ingame announcements may be approved, discussion pending)

D) No Empire can have more than 2 Intricate Diplomatic Connections, making a triple-alliance the largest possible coalition. This includes Established Political Alliances (for whatever approved of in section 2C reason), Defensive Pacts and Vassals. One of the mentioned counts towards your total. In summary, you may have one Vassal and one Defensive Pact, that is your 2 Intricate Diplomatic Connections. Or you may have 2 Allies. A Political Alliance and a Defensive Pact with the same Empire counts as 1 Intricate Diplomatic Connection
                      (IDC).

3. Tech Trade Restrictions
                      A) No Tech Brokering option will be checked.
                      B) You may only trade technology with an Established alliance partner.
                      C) or the 3 (total player number dependent) lowest scoring players on the score chart.
                      D) Techs may not be given freely (this needs further discussion)

4. Victory
                      A) We will again attempt to reintroduce Ozzy's Victory Points System.
                      B) Changes and Additions must be discussed, among them the possibility of a "vote per session" on the subjective votes and a following balancing of the system, as well as the possibility of creating a website that will add up the scores for us so that we don't need to do it manually.

Comment

A little more restrictive then I prefer.

Comment

I just had a look at the Earth map scenario and it looks good - with so many resources and Epic Speed it should travel.

Although I do think ozzy's Earth map is more realistic.

ozzy can you upload it for BTS? I can't find it anymore. We started 2 diplos on this map but they never finished because of technical glitches etc.
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

We could also use the 10 or so civs already setup in the scenario - no choice, first in anonymously best dressed...
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I'm not so sure we need a story thread for diplo light lz?

We should make that all work for HOTW12 but not HOTW10.
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

it wont be diplo light, it will be gaming light. I want a proper story thread and everything, the rules to be used, it's just a bit shorter. that's what I mean by light.

Comment

Working...
                                X