No announcement yet.

HOTW 9 Organisational Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For what it's worth I thought this was a horrible game the whole time I was involved with it. There was certainly nothing 'diplo' about it at any stage, the alliance in the west seemed contrived and pre-arranged to me. Some of you might consider that to be 'diplomacy' but I don't. Once alphabet hit the fix was in and any semblance of a game went out the window for me.

Comment

• @ deity
      Last edited by Toni; April 28, 2007, 00:39.

Comment

• As I took over the majority of the jungle squares on the map, a lot of worker effort was required to get all cities up to scratch for sure, but I also had a good army of workers busy on that, fixing it was a matter of time only, but a lot of time is required when 70% of your land mass began as jungle, but if production is a problem why move from organized religion and bureaucracy to less productive civics or did an AI do that before you took over, and also did the AI waste time changing my terrain improvements instead of continuing on clearing the jungle maybe, also maybe the AI built the useless cities. All I know is 1st time I was away, damage got done to my civ which then wrecked it for the game. Not sure if AI involved or people for sure.

Comment

• I certainly didn't build any cities. Your economy was ruined when I got there as it was.

I don't remember changing any civics, but I do remember that Oxford university (or was it wall street?) was built in a lesser city that didn't have the highest science or gold and I found that rather annoying. If I changed civics at all it would have probably been to serfdom because your land needed serious work, and you had no where near enough workers. Jungles or no, there is no excuse to have land that undeveloped that late in the game.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Toni
            @ deity
            LOL

Toni and I carry on like a married couple don't we

He's cool to play on with this game subject to times. He has a few more time pressures but may be around later today/tonight.

I say we play when Toni is here.

Otherwise I suggest a new game; either Trev's Aussie only one (which can include reliable, felixible foreigners);

OR we start a new big international diplo game for the USA Sat night time slot (Aussie midday'ish).
            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Yes sorry, not so flexible tonight. Because I thought that this game will end without me, I have made plans for tonight. Still young so will do some clubbing with the girlfriend, keep her happy. I will be back late, and i can actually play then maybe, but for the rest of the US players this may be too late. SO Please don't wait just finish up the game, deity was telling me that 1hr will do it. I have no problems with this! END IT

So enjoy guys, talk to u soon.

Comment

• OK, guys, I keep turning up each week and we don't play so today I make no guarantees. I'm getting organised for my UK holiday and I may be online.
                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                X