Diplogame Mod Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplogame Mod Ideas

Ok, I'm creating another diplogame thread (yay!) this time to talk about what we want in an ideal diplogame mod pack, and to keep ideas for later.

I came across this good mod for tech trading that may be very useful for us:

OpenTech version .81 Version .81 is now available. This version fixes a small bug with a missing xml file from version .80. This version removes the science rep since its use is now being questioned, even by me. This basically makes the mod more like it was in the original version, but more...

Also Cyber started a thread here to ask for Mod assistance:
    Hello fellow modders, I'm a part of the diplogame community. We play laaaaarge multiplayer games with much roleplaying and storytelling. Our current game lasts already for 17 3,5 hour sessions. We're playing an 8 player game and look for starting a 12 player game soon. We have two issues...

Another neat idea Capo suggested was for the UN Wonder to automatically produce peacekeeper units, and those units would be controlled by the UN owner, but wouldn't carry any nation's tag. They'd work like the Civ3 privateer.

Their upkeep costs could be applied to all nations equally.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Inquisitor mod:
    === Inquisitor Mod v0.92 by Mylon === This mod adds a new unit, the Inquisitor. The inquisitor can be consumed to remove a non-state, non-holycity religion from the city. They are revealed by the tech Theocracy and cost 40 base production. === Installation instructions === To install...

v1.0 This is my own versions of the Inquisition mods. My mod is based off of Master Lexx's Inquisition mod, which in turn is based off of Mylon's Inquisition mod. WHY I MADE IT: For some reason, Mylon's and Lexx's Inquisitor mods wouldn't work for me. Mylon's mod wouldn't remove the...

i see that...pretty clever. but where does it decide which building triggers that?

New religions:
    Greek polytheism
    Egyptian polytheism
    Zoroastiranism
    Last edited by OzzyKP; July 13, 2006, 19:47.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Sounds interesting.

How does this fit in with Warlords?
      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

It doesn't.

Personally I think our next big game should be Warlords vanilla. ANd then after that we start playing around with mods. Or ideally get a second game going, perhaps not warlords, and maybe use mods with that.

Comment

I think we should simply wait and see how much longer HOTWV is, because Warlords is coming up quickly, but it might not be possible for everyone to get a copy that quickly.

Comment

I don't expect HOTW7 to start before the end of august. That's 4 weeks after Warlords has been released.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I think we should at least use the mod Cyber came up with, it seems to be a good idea and wouldn't really **** anything up.

As far as the new religions, we should have them represent the tribes we put in the game, just to bring it closer to reality. For instance, the Roman/Greek/Egyption etc. style of worship is known as Numinism, so instead of making it specific (Greek Polytheism) we would just think of one called Numinism. That is just a suggestion.

And of course, we should have the option of eradicating a religion, of course it would have disorder implications similar to the slavery-rush build option.
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

bump for Aussie Lurker

Comment

Most important I think is some kind of mod that enacts our tech trade agreements. Since when subs and AIs come and go it is impossible to maintain tech trading rules like that.

Comment

Well, from what I hear, Inquisition Mod has been updated to Warlords 2.08, as have all of the other mods made by TheLopez. I recently integrated a bunch of TheLopez' mods with my own to create a new CvGameCore.dll file-but you will still need to make the actual XML modifications yourself (i.e. I have done the work to make the new XML tags supported in-game).
                    You are free to make use of my Civic_Expander Mod (either phase 2 or 3), and I hope to update the True Prophets mod to Warlords v2.08.
                    Lastly, as I said earlier, as soon as I finish phase 3 of my Civics_Expander mod, I will be starting work on my new Ideology mod, to bring a little spice to the modern age.

Hope this all helps.

Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Thanks for your help, Aussie!
                      Is there a mod for the tech trading rules we use as well?
                      Or can you give me hints on how to create it? I was able to do the UN mod myself with some hints as well.

What we want:
                      - Players can only trade techs they researched themselves
                      - Players can only trade these techs twice (or even better: x times, where x is a setting in the setup-screen)

Comment

Hi there CyberShy. Hmmmm, I thought Ozzy said that there was a TechTrading Mod available. If not, I will take a look at it as soon as I finish working on phase 3 of my mod (I am putting the finishing touches on 3c now).

Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Oh and, btw, here are a few screenies to show you what I am currently working on, or what I have recently completed:

Unlike Civ3, I have decided to really contribute to the community in a big way for Civ4. I certainly hope my efforts can benefit you guys in some way.

Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker
                            Hi there CyberShy. Hmmmm, I thought Ozzy said that there was a TechTrading Mod available. If not, I will take a look at it as soon as I finish working on phase 3 of my mod (I am putting the finishing touches on 3c now).

Aussie_Lurker.
                            Oh, ok, I'll look for it.
                            Your mod looks promising! Really curious to what all the civics do!

Comment

OK, so here's the deal guys. I am ahead of schedule on my Civics phase 3 mod, and so feel like I may be able to turn my attentions to a tech mod. Now, as you can see above, I already have a mod where techs can grant you a bonus to commerces and yields. Equally, there is a mod which can grant you a bonus to tech research times if you have access to a resource. So, first up I plan to merge these two mods.
                              Second, I have looked at CvInfos, and I think it may be possible to get you a FirstCanTrade function for techs-as we already have a Boolean and a and tag. If I can figure out how to fuse the two together, I may be able to give you a tag in TechInfos which will allow you to determine which techs can only be traded if you got them first-be it some or all of them.

Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Working...
                              X