Who wants to smack me around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to smack me around?

So... I'm going to Apolycon. There will (hopefully) be an 8-player game there, including Firaxians.

However, I am waaaay late to the party in terms of Civ4 MP. I haven;t played anything but PBEMs yet.

HEEELLLPPP!!!!!

I need some quick experience in how MP works, and some great advice/tips in how to play properly and well (and hopefully kick some bootay).

I don;t know how many games I can get into right away, but the more experience the merrier. I can definitely devote time to this over the next week and a half, including some defined play sessions.

GUIDE ME, OH WORTHY ONES!!!
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

If you play on the weekends

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Also you might find willing people in the chatrooms. Me, for one.
      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I am confused. I went to the GS lobby... how do I know what game to join?
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Ask and you shall recieve...
          Although when I mentioned the chatrooms, I meant the Apolyton ones

If you want I'll setup a quick game for you to get lost in... just goto #Apolyton and meet me there.
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

MMC, before I do that... I joined two games through GS, and each time, when I hit F3, I crashed out. Anything I should know?

Comment

Ermm... other than don't hit F3... I assume you're patched to 1.61?
              I don't have much idea what could be causing it. Except possibly a corrupt file somewhere.

Comment

Theseus, I could give you an MP tutorial. Will you be online tomorrow (Wednesday) evening?

Best way to do it is to play a team game against a couple of other opponents. That should be easy enough to set up, assuming we do not run into any technical problems (which, I'm sad to say, is entirely possible).

MP is like SP except your opponents want to kill you more (even more than PBEM).
                And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Although every MP game I've played is like SP only your opponents don't necessarily want to kill you. I ought to get some sleep though... I'll setup a game later today (it's 6am)and expect to see both of you there :P

Comment

MMC: Yes, I am patched to 1.61... Don;t know what the problem with F3 is, I use it all the time in SP.

Dominae: YESYESYES, please, I am totally available this evening. MMC and everyone else, please try to join in.

Remember folks, this is at least partially to prep me for ApolyCon. Help prevent my total embarassment in front of Sid, Soren, Trip, alexman, et al!!!

Comment

Ok, Theseus, I'll meet you in the lobby (same username). PM if you have any troubles.

Comment

My username there is CivTheseus...

Comment

Online now, buddy request sent.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

PM me when you get online again T.

Comment

Working...
                              X