Backup Multiplayer game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a little confused here.

You are going to play THIS game because we aren't playing this week...

That makes no sense!

We aren't playing because people said they couldn't play, and most of those people are in this game. Ozzy said he could have got a sub, but you all decided that you couldn't play, and now you are playing this game.

Could someone just explain this situation to me?

Thanks.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Originally posted by The Capo
      I'm a little confused here.

You are going to play THIS game because we aren't playing this week...

That makes no sense!

We aren't playing because people said they couldn't play, and most of those people are in this game. Ozzy said he could have got a sub, but you all decided that you couldn't play, and now you are playing this game.

Could someone just explain this situation to me?

Thanks.
      We all said we'd rather take the choice of skipping the main game with ozzy away this week.
      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I may be here at 2000 UTC but more likely 2100. Please wait if I have trouble getting up!
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

The Capo: we all said that we could be here, but we wanted to skip since Ozzy is a quiet important person in the current war.

deity: we'll wait for you
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

eeeeeeeeek!

I cant stand it anymore!

cyber. sorry. but "quiet" = silent. the word you're looking for is "quite". not big difference in spelling and we probably all understand your meaning, but the stuck up retentive part of me jolts when I see it

and anyway. @ Capo, wasnt there someone else who couldnt play as well? Regardless, I dont think Ozzy would like someone else to run his civ in such a crucial fight as this is. If it goes badly he will likely feel that the sub screwed him over and that he could have done it better himself. Of course if Ozzy IS ok with letting a sub run his civ during wartime then lets play! Can Nolan\Condor join us?

And finally, I am at my parents house for easter and I honestly dont know if I can connect to Civ MP games here since I dont have access to their router. with our many connection problems I felt that it would be easier to just wait a week until I was back home when I could be sure to not add any further problems to the pot.

As this game is intended to be played at the same time as our regular one, if Ozzy reads this and accepts to having a sub and we can get everyone together before start in some.... 14ish hours, and provided that my home connection works, I'll gladly play our game. Its just that its a lot of puzzles that have to fit perfectly and I feel Murphy lurking in the shadows...
            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst
              eeeeeeeeek!

I cant stand it anymore!

cyber. sorry. but "quiet" = silent. the word you're looking for is "quite". not big difference in spelling and we probably all understand your meaning, but the stuck up retentive part of me jolts when I see it
              thanks
              Won't do it again

Comment

houston... we have a problem.

there seems to be some really nasty glitch going on.

when I try to log on to the gamespy lobby from civ it crashes. civ crashes. not nice xp crash. oldfashioned lockup freeze. Civ completely stops responding and I cant Ctrl-Alt-Del, nor can I hit the windows button or even Alt-F4. The cursor changes to regular cursor on some parts of the screen and I can move it around and the music works fine, aside from that... nothing works. at all.

I think the problem may be related to Norton or some other software. Another reason is that when I installed civ I installed it only on my personal account, not for all users. Bottom line; I might not be able to play the coming session. though I really want to.

Comment

hmmm. seems I managed to work it out... wasnt that hard. still not sure if the router is up for it, but I tried connecting to a game and got through.

Comment

I can be online 1 or 2 hours before we start (ie. 20.00 UTC) to test if we can play...

Comment

I might be busy then.... I'll be there for the other game though.

Comment

How's this for a starting location?
                        Attached Files

Comment

have we started? what IP?

Comment

Not yet.. I just woke up... I'll be anotheer 20 mins..
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I'm here... wtf is everyone!
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Game is up on my IP...
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X