• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all join now
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

great game all. a little slow on the diplo side though...

oh well. it will probably add up later on.
      Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

There's not really much to say.
        I started on a small island, could only found 5 cities, and I'm stretching this ultra-bad start to the limit. Which is quite (tm. LzPrst) fun to do though 8)

I feel like I'm behind in everything though

Comment

I can play, anytime actually.

Comment

thats the problem with no tech trading. it makes it all the more difficult for people who fall behind to get move up in the world since they cant ask for favourable deals.

I think that in future games we should play with tech trading allowed, but a restriction on it. the exact form of this restriction would of course have to be discussed and modded (or agreed to by a gentlemens pact).

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst
              thats the problem with no tech trading. it makes it all the more difficult for people who fall behind to get move up in the world since they cant ask for favourable deals.

I think that in future games we should play with tech trading allowed, but a restriction on it. the exact form of this restriction would of course have to be discussed and modded (or agreed to by a gentlemens pact).
              I told ya all

My suggestion way back is that you can only trade techs with long term allies. The problem in previous games was that everyone traded with everyone so tech leads didn't really exist.
              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

another problem with NTT is that weaker civs cant cooperate to get ahead...

problem is of course, where do you draw the line for a longterm ally? one session? several sessions? the entire game? what if some consider the treshold for long term alliance lower than others? what if some people decide to not adhere to this if they consider the tech to be unimportant? and so forth and so on...

I think either a mod or a clear and measurable restriction would be the way to go.

Comment

I'm never really keen into trading techs with everyone. I'd rather chose 1 or 2 allies, and agree with each other to share techs, and make sure that we don't waste time on the same techs.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                    I'm never really keen into trading techs with everyone. I'd rather chose 1 or 2 allies, and agree with each other to share techs, and make sure that we don't waste time on the same techs.
                    Exactly. I think to answer lz's points is that it becomes understood as part of the story line. So at this point in time I wouldn't trade techs with anyone other than those in the Star Alliance. ozzy and Kuno would only trade with each other and Capo and Nolan are out in the cold until they join or form an alliance.
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

In other words you can only trade techs with declared alliance members in the storyline. If I leave the Star Alliance I can no longer trade with them. We don't meed a mod, just an undewrstanding that you are only allowed to trade techs with delared alliance members - this is not part of the Civ game machinery.
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

hmmm.... fine, but 2 things in objection.
                        nr.1. this wasnt agreed upon at game start and some people may dislike us trying to add new rules underway.
                        2. this discussion should be in the hotwv forum or a new diplothread forum where we share our experiences and suggest improvements and rules for coming games.

Comment

We can't change the rules during the game anyway, so we'll continue this way anyway.

Comment

Hey, I'm just discussiong it, not saying to change mid game unles you want to. I meant this for the other diplo thread too.
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I've lost the latest save. Can someone post it pls?

Did a complete re-install, with no multi installs, and damn well forgot about my saves
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I hope I have it!

Comment

Working...
                                X