Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well i awaiting my ISP tocontact me this week t osay i getting conenctged , if i do will try and be round for the next installment
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
      Frank, we should have nuked the hell out of them
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Johnson
        Ozzy, I think the only thing between you and partial nuclear destruction was the massive pile of failed diplo games that Capo and I have both experienced. If any other set of people had their fingers on the button, I bet this game would have ended with a bang too.

So just because it worked well this time doesn't mean it will if some green troops come along.
        I wouldn't call them failed games.

HOTW2 was an agreed time to end; as was HOTW4.

But not as satisfying as HOTW5 which did end properly game mechanic-wise.

ALL diplos have been highly successful games - especially in comparison with normal games.
        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
          We are trying to refine diplostyle, so we don't always end in some huge war that pisses everyone off and makes everyone quit. So hopefully this is the new diplostyle ending. Personally I think this is the best game I've ever been a part of.
          Couldn't agree more as my earlier post stated. This is why we need a good few diplo-vets in HOTW7.

What happenned to HOTW6 BTW?

And don't use the "failed" word - it gives the wrong impression...
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• True deity, but I think I hold the notorious record for being in the most diplo games, and thus the most failed diplo games Granted I had bit roles in many of them. Most of them just died of neglect though.

HOTW6 only started with 5 players and got involved in a time slot conflict around the time I got riflemen and took over 3/5th of the new world for myself. It was probably for the best because my alliances was gonna roll them as it was anyway.

Comment

• maybe that why they claimed time problems, if they losing and wer eplaying t owin , it could be why they left.

That why i good Diplo person, i never win so a bad start is irrelevant to me and everyone soon has tanks while i will only have spearmen.
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Ah, but what he doesn't mention is that it was all part of his secret strategy to conquer the world.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• spearman pwfn!

as being one of the other players in hotw6 i have a few things to contribute with. first of all there was a certain lack of flexibility as we had no tech trading enabled. the result was that england for example ended up being a quite backward nation for most of the game, despite efforts to help them out.

my position as mali was quite good and i was doing ok. frank was, with his 80% ownership of the new world doing a little too well. but it was none of this that sunk the game, not imo. the problem was first of all the time slot. it was saturday night and 2 out of 5 players were already involved in hotw5 on friday nights, namely me and cyber (if you dont count franks subbing).

so all in all I bit over a little more than I could chew and I think it may be possible that was the case for cyber also. in addition there was a certain lack of dynamics as we only had 5 players and no tech trading. things may have gone somewhere (i fought a very fierce war against arabia/cyber and the aftermath could have been quite interesting.

but the main reason the game died was time, a huge gap surfaced where we couldnt play for a few weeks and the game was frozen and then eventually, scrapped. it could still be revived but I dont know if the participants have any interest still.
                  Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Well over 500, please start a new one.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                    X