No announcement yet.

I am trying to bring back Diplogames...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wouldnt do it as i have always refrained from micro mangement.

in the few SP games i palyed so far on lowest level i just madly build everything and make as many workers and settlers as i can and get my culture to do my dirty work on surrounding civs.
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• About subs...

Alright, I'm not sure if anyone here realizes this quite yet, but we totally need a sub/s for tomorrow's game.

Master-Mike apparently won't be able to make it this week, and said his schedule will be spotty for the remainder of the game. So we either replace him permenantly or on a session-to-session basis. For the betterment of the game though, and I mean no disrespect to Mike, I think we should just replace him.

Now, it is going to be difficult for the player because he won't be able to choose his tribe, which will be Japan, and it is an island so it will be that much more difficult to expand.

There isn't an OOC thread for EOM yet, and I don't know if we should do that or just post within the EOM thread already. But the game occurs Friday nights in the US, and hopefully will resume tomorrow at around 7-8pm EST (US), which by the way is a Friday.

So we need a sub for Japan, if you are interested please contact me as soon as you can in a PM or on AIM, my handle is LBPBumout.

OzzyKP is another person you could contact, his AIM handle is LazerKP, I'm not exactly sure about his ICQ information though. Your best bet would be to post here and respond to this, as I have told him to check here for the information.

Thanks for your help.

Later.
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• First of all, the OOC thread for EOM is here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=143741

Secondly, I think there is no need to be quite so hasty in kicking out Mike. Clearly he is still itnerested in playing and said he can make the next three weeks. So just cause he can't make this week doesn't mean we shoudl just boot him.

I'm going to be going to California in a bit and will need a sub then, around Christmas (if we even play then), but I'm hoping I don't get kicked out then either...

We definitely need a sub for tomorrow, but lets hold off on purges just yet, we're still getting started.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• i need probalby another few months of playing with the game in SP before attempting to move to a sub for diplo.

i am finding the game far more involved than i had hoped, i feel they have added too many new buildings and techs and changed so much of what buildings and wonders do that i havent yet grasped an idea on hw i would play.
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• To clarify my position. I have arranged as many saturdays off work as can possibly be done. Basicaly between now and some time in april 2006 i will work 3 weekends that will prevent me from playing. 3 weekends in 5 months is not too bad.

But if you feel the need to replace me go ahead as i have plenty of CIV games here in Australia to play.

Also Japan is not constrained my it island iva already expanded beyond my homeland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Johnson
              You dont actually gain anything from the gross ammount of manipulation from switching the list constantly. In the end you get the same raw number of food and production, you just change where they go. I don't use the switching tactic nor do I know anyone with the patience to do so currently since it doesn't produce any extra results.
              Agreed.

But I am a bit bothered about whether it's an exploit or not.

A Civ with Mining and lots of forests is always going to get ahead.
              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• BYW guys we should have Trev as a Jap sub tomorrow...

err I think I better rephrease that
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Sorry...

I misread what he wrote.

Sorry.
                  "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by deity

Agreed.

But I am a bit bothered about whether it's an exploit or not.

A Civ with Mining and lots of forests is always going to get ahead.
                    That's why alot of the talk about civ4 has been about the map algorithms. If you've ever seen a SP map where an AI (or you!) started near the Ice caps you can see where they have maniplated the starting locations changing tundra to plains. Also there's a certain number of forests automaticly within the range of the captial as far as I can tell, usually at least 3, so if you wanted anyone could cut rush their first settler.

All that said we go and play on the world map wher the mighty nations of Canada and Siberia own everyone. Its something to think about for future diplo games anyway.

Comment

• WE NEED A HOST TODAY!!!

I can't.
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Guys, I will be here after work to host the saturday game. I hope that the lack of posts doesn't also mean we should expect everyone to be missing for the game this week.

If there's anyone from the friday game that didn't get their fix and might want to sub in tonite, I've got this sinking feeling like we might need everyone we can get......

Comment

• I'll probably be around. But no way am I waiting 2 hours for us to set **** up. One night of that bull is enough.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Well seems i might have to host our friday games if yous are having touble with other people doing it.

Things to try and west hosting dosnt work, make sure all of this is done.

1. All players have firewalls off.
                            2. Open a port in routers if players use them.
                            3. Turn off windowed mode play in full screen mode. (this some times prevents players getting into the game and causes CTD's.)
                            4. Some time one player prevents others from joining, as civ iv has to contect to all player, make that person join last and should get around the issue.

I have no prob at all hosting large MP games, did so again last night. It is normal an issue with one player that mucks up the group.

Comment

• The game last night...

Last night (Friday US) turned out as bad as possible when we lost our host but also our Mongolian player. When we actually replaced Mongolia it turned out that the player had passworded his civ. So we couldn't play!

Hopefully we can prevent these types of problems from occuring in the future.

One Love.

Comment

• err hey guys. saturday? i dont think i can make it any saturdays... i live in perth australia so its mostly nighttime when u guys have mornings hence im most prolly out

better days for me are weekdays or sundays. so if theres anything on sunday please leme know

im +8:00 hours from GMT
                                i'll gladly join a nice game if i have 5 hours to spare!

Comment

Working...
                                X