No announcement yet.

I am trying to bring back Diplogames...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• btw, can someone take responsibility for the Saturday game? I feel as if I'm in charge of organizing both of these games, corral like 10 players, get everyone confirmed and up to speed, AND do the maps. Its becoming rather frustrating.

So can someone step up (in both games really) to take some of the load off my shoulders?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• About the games.

I don't think Ozzy should be responsible for handling both games. Obviously there are a few people here who don't necessarily agree with the way Ozzy is doing things, and this isn't to say they've been rude or any of the disagreements have been bad or anything, I'm just saying there are a coupld of people who disagree with how we are doing things.

I think right now we should all understand which game we are playing in, break off into our groups and from there get these games started at least by next weekend.

I've been doing a lot of practicing the past couple of days and I'm psyched to get started, so we should hurry up and start to play as soon as we can; BTW the patch is out and is easily accessible at civfanatics.com.

Peace.
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Well, I am 100% for the Sunday Arvo (Aussie time) DiploGame, so all I ask is that the organiser please contact me on MSN at mhicks49@hotmal.com around 30-40 minutes before the start. Thanks !

Yours,
        Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
          btw, can someone take responsibility for the Saturday game? I feel as if I'm in charge of organizing both of these games, corral like 10 players, get everyone confirmed and up to speed, AND do the maps. Its becoming rather frustrating.

So can someone step up (in both games really) to take some of the load off my shoulders?
          ozzy, normally I'd do this but I'm very pressed on the personal family front at the moment which could impact on the games, but I hope not. But I certainly haven't got the capacity to become a full on organiser/modder at the moment... real sorry, and well done. Hope someone steps up for the Sat game.
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Hey guys can u add me to the game on Friday night?

Comment

• Both games have now begun, so please direct all further comments to the following threads. Please reserve all out of character posts for the set-up threads, thank you:

Epic of Man 1 (Friday Night) Set-up Thread:

Epic of Man 1 (Friday Night) Story Thread:

Epic of Man 2 (Saturday Night) Set-Up Thread:

Epic of Man 2 (Saturday Night) Story Thread:

btw, I updated the Diplogame FAQ: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...18#post2494787
              Last edited by OzzyKP; November 27, 2005, 09:25.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• also, I requested the site link up the Diplogames civgroup from the Civ4-MP forum. Since the thread is being entirely ignored, please echo my request here:

Comment

• done
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• As ive mentioned before i can not make all saturday times (aussie time) sessions. This is the case for this weekend. I how ever can make any session starting on sunday night your time or any of the 3 days after that.

After this week im free ofr the next 3 weekends straight including christmas. But anyay ill leave it up to you guys, if yous find it easier to sub then please do so.

Comment

• hey guys im sorry i dont have the time or patience to read the ENTIRE 7 page forum so i read some bits n pieces, im sure it wouldnt be too difficult for someone to quickly recap the situation, cos i wana have a diplogame (i like the idea of assuming the personality of a leader)

i just like to be myself and play the game and seeing what happens make my decisions depending on what the other players do and not what they are, and not following some spreadsheet technique to win.

anyone?

Comment

• Ok, then we need a sub (please let us know earlier when you need a sub so we can find one quicker).

Russian_King, are you available this Saturday morning/afternoon your time to sub in our game?

Comment

• Hey guys, I just discovered these Diplogame threads today and it sounds like a lot of fun. Fridays are usually best for me (this week being an exception), but I have no permanent obligations on saturdays.
                          So, if anyone needs a sub anytime, I'd love to try it out. My AIM and MSN IDs are in my profile.

Comment

• double post

Comment

• Originally posted by deity
                              Hi Raz... read the stickied Strateghy thread.

One important thing is to use workers to chop forests to build settlers and other things quickly as you can't rush buy until Democracy.

Can you play this weekend in the diplos? A good way to learn Civ4.
                              i am hearing that chopping to make settlers is being regarded as a game exploit by swithcinbg your build queue around ....

Comment

• You dont actually gain anything from the gross ammount of manipulation from switching the list constantly. In the end you get the same raw number of food and production, you just change where they go. I don't use the switching tactic nor do I know anyone with the patience to do so currently since it doesn't produce any extra results.

Comment

Working...
                                X