No announcement yet.

Hotseat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel free to come over and explain that to her. Remember - I have to live with her.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Coward

CS
      Global Admin/Owner
      Civilization Players Leagues
      www.civplayers.com
      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

I tried to convince my wife we needed a LAN and she wouldn't go for it (didn't want the kids having internet access). Hmph.
        Try again. A LAN does not equal internet access, it's quite possible to have one but not the other, in my particular case, if I unhooked the modem my LAN would remain and I'd be internet free and by plugging into the modem instead of the router I'd have the internet but no LAN. If it's a case of you only wanting a connection to the internet on one machine on a LAN and not the others, that's doable as well.

It's kinda an untenable position, it's like saying no to a TV because you don't want cable, a popular combination but no means required or inseperable.

Edit: Stupid typos.
        Last edited by Dravin; October 24, 2005, 11:20.
        "Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip." - Said by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dravin
          Try again. A LAN does not equal internet access...
          I explained that, and her response was "why else would you need to connect them?" The only answer is gaming. I tried saying they could share a printer... but she doesn't want the kids going through toner like crazy, so that was a bad answer. She's also not too keen on the expense involved. With four kids we have a very tight budget.

Anyway... Hotseat
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Ah, okay. "I don't wanna pay for a router, cables and possible network cards." is tenable, carry on then.
            "Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip." - Said by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dravin
              Ah, okay. "I don't wanna pay for a router, cables and possible network cards." is tenable, carry on then.
              I guess asking for a wireless setup is out of the question then

CS
              Global Admin/Owner
              Civilization Players Leagues
              www.civplayers.com
              http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

I explained that, and her response was "why else would you need to connect them?" The only answer is gaming. I tried saying they could share a printer... but she doesn't want the kids going through toner like crazy, so that was a bad answer. She's also not too keen on the expense involved. With four kids we have a very tight budget.

Anyway... Hotseat
                Wives have this incredible knack for spoiling all your fun.

Although how your kids do homework without internet access is beyond me. My FIFTH GRADER uses it all the time for sources for papers, and to get his homework assignments (long term), and he is my youngest. The two older ones are on all the time so I have all three of my machines hooked up.
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                X