Post negative points of Civilization 4 here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm so glad i was censored...

where did my thread about civ4 sucks go?

i didn't see a welcome to china sign on the way to the thread.

what gives?

Comment

You mean this little gem?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

yeah, i think you're cute, too, mr. universe.

I can't create my own "civ4 suck thread' simply because you all want to reduce the trashing of the game??? Or does the promotion of civ4 create you all income?

That's pretty lame....

I'm only bahsing it beause I had expected so much...you know, like for it to work more than one time in a row.

Or with my 64mb cards which is the minimum requirements.

My problem actually is do to the accessing of my cd-rom. Crashes every other time.....I suspect it will be fixed when the no-cd cracks come out.

As for complaints other than the game actually not working,

I'd say that I hate (mind u I realize i may have simply not been able to find an option for this) to not have the tile grid come on, and how the big, nasty, Age of empire draggin' and droppin' of the units is...ya know, like how to drag the arrow to move units uses such a big pointed and circle. Or to change what the production of the city is i have to role over the icon instead of clicking the formerly used, and quite lovely, drop-down list in Civ3.

The sound is great, but the game play is crappy...they've finally joined the elitist's ranks of 'mass produced for everyone' genre.

I wonder if they actually played the game themselves?

There's another forum out there that has a poll taken of civ4 gamers...the poll shows 30% people had problems with the game...and even more that had problems with the game, but finally resolved the issues.

Now, go move this thread to another rmeote region of this forum so nobody will actually see the comments herein....be a good commie.

Comment

Earth map doens't have custemizable rules. :'(
          "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

i'm so glad i was censored...

You were not
            yeah, i think you're cute, too, mr. universe.

Sorry mate, I'm not buttered that way.

I can't create my own "civ4 suck thread' simply because you all want to reduce the trashing of the game???

Errr, you did, didn't you. No one's reducing anything. Doesn't mean I have to be in awe off it's beauty, now do I.

I'm only bahsing it beause I had expected so much...you know, like for it to work more than one time in a row.

We all have high hopes for and it will deliver them. Read the forum, maybe someone comes up with a solution and if not then be hopefull for the patch.

My problem actually is do to the accessing of my cd-rom. Crashes every other time

Hmm strange that one, could you expand and post it in the bug thread if you haven't done so.

'd say that I hate (mind u I realize i may have simply not been able to find an option for this) to not have the tile grid come on,

IIRC the keyboard shortcut is control -G and there is a button above the minimap that triggers the grid (last time I saw it, it was blue-ish)

Or to change what the production of the city is i have to role over the icon instead of clicking the formerly used, and quite lovely, drop-down list in Civ3.

You can have it setup pretty much the same way as in Civ3, just check the option in the err option screen.
            Left click to move and all that.

The sound is great, but the game play is crappy...they've finally joined the elitist's ranks of 'mass produced for everyone' genre.

A game should be for everyone, that does not mean that it can't work on multiple levels, just like good cartoon movies do.

the poll shows 30% people had problems with the game...and even more that had problems with the game, but finally resolved the issues.

Cmon man, please don't tell you take notice of polls on the internet. Besides who do you think is voting, those that have problems or those that are playing and enjoying it.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Sorry for those who have crashing problems or something like that. My biggest problem is, that if you can promote a unit you can hover the buttons to see what they are for. Well I can do it for just a second - then I get the information of the land-area behind that button.

Comment

You'll soon know most of them by heart.

Comment

Well I had my first crashing today. I switched within the world creator from units to terrain... The screen froze and I even wasn't able to use the task mgr.

Comment

Civilopedia

I'm really surprised with all the focus on UI that the Civilopedia isn't hyperlinked everywhere like it was in Civ 3. It makes it really difficult to go get information on anything. I hope this is something that will be modable, as I'd love a hyperlinked Civilopedia.

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso

hum, didn't firaxians say that you get absolutely NOTHING from a desert?
                      If it is close to the river, it can have food. Plus it is not only the desert, it is also other yellowish terrains, that give me difficulty to see the food. Try to see yellow on yellow! They should have added some kind of background to food. Thankfully, it is easy to mod.

MxM
                      The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                      certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                      -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Sound cuts out during Wonder movies.

Diplo animations are a bit choppy.

Seems like resources are a little too abundant.

That's about it!

Comment

Religion seems too much a factor for a game where the developers said they wanted to downlplay it as much as possible.
                          My ruler can't govern my civ because he keeps having Jehovah Witnesses knocking on the door to his Palace.

Seriously, I attack a civ for no reason and it counts as a -2 in the diplomatic screen but because I have another state religion it counts as -4?

Comment

1) You can't contact the other civs after pressing F4. You get the Civ3 like diagram, but clicking on the leaderheads doesn't work. You have to go to the main screen, and click on the leader's name in the lower right hand corner.

2) While loading my previous save, you can read a hint. One of the hints was "Don't start a land war in Asia."
                            For all the tiptoeing around religions Firaxis did, you'd think they would also keep their political views out also.

Comment

So far I like the game, but I think the screen becomes very 'busy' with all the improvements and icons and stuff everywhere. Not even sure how to fix it right now...
                              "What a Stupid Concept"

Comment

Originally posted by playshogi
                                1) You can't contact the other civs after pressing F4. You get the Civ3 like diagram, but clicking on the leaderheads doesn't work. You have to go to the main screen, and click on the leader's name in the lower right hand corner.
                                I think you can right-click on the leader heads in the foreign advisor screen to open communications.

Comment

Working...
                                X