[Story] A new world created... Alexander moves in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Story] A new world created... Alexander moves in

(( Author's note: Well, Civ 3 stories are dying, I wonder if that means that Civ 4 stories can begin... Anyway, I'm bringing one of my favorite Characters into what I would like to think is the first Civ 4 story. I am using the names of individuals fortunate enough to have played Civ 4 by now, but because I don't know much about those individuals' personalities, I am going to intentionally try to not write like I think they would act.))

"Bwaaaaagghh!!!"

There was total blackness surrounding Alexander, this upset him very much, because his glorious Greek empire had conquered the world, and he was able to maintain the rights to prima nocte. This of course had led to several questionable births on the part of the planet's female celebrities, but besides the crazy illegitimate children, the Greeks lived in relative peace.

But back to the blackness. Alexander suddenly felt himself falling or being pulled, he wasn't sure, downward. Down, down, down he went until...

SPLASSSSH!

"What the crap? Salt water!"

Alexander bobbed up and down in the sea, not noticing much besides the fact that this sea seemed to be somehow more dimensional than previous seas he may have been bobbing up and/or down in.

"Okay, I understand height and width, but depth?!? This is a strange new world indeed!"

The waves soon tossed the gray-haired Grecian from their midst and left him on a grass-covered shore.

Alexander was one to complain and this time he definitely did.

"Metaliturtle!!! MET-AL-I-TUR-TLE! Why in the world did you send me to this godforsaken land with an extra dimension that my mind does not comprehend, and a crazy land where I'm not dominant over the reproductive lives of beautiful women?"

"Well Alexander, Sid put out another game..."

"You mean I've got to work for all of you Civ nerds again?"

"Yes, all us Civ nerds, but right now the game isn't out yet."

"Well if the friggin' game isn't even out yet, how did I get in here?"

"Some of the Apolyton dudes have copies and are playing it now so the 'mass o nerds', as you would call us, can salivate for several weeks before we actually get to go nuts."

"Oh, so you're one of the enlightened few who got a copy early then?"

"Heck no! Solver is playing this game, MP style against MarkG"

"Aww man! I bet the whole game I'm going to have my picture plastered on the screen with 1337 5P33k (elite speak) underneath it."

"Well, I don't really know MarkG or Solver, but I do know that I'm writing this story, so why not! 1337 5P34k is always funny, especially if someone as well-written as Solver uses it!"

Alexander broke away from his dialogue with the author, and entered an unknown realm... a realm where Metaliturtle wasn't playing... He had a sneaking suspicion that this 'Solver' fellow wouldn't be as willing to play domination type games on chieftain as Metaliturtle was.

Just then Alexander heard a noise behind him.

"What the?!"

It was a settler, a Greek settler, actually about ten-thousand Greek settlers, and just Greek settlers, no knowledge or anything.

Alexander quickly took charge of his three-dimensional tribe, climbing a mountain nearby to get a lay of the land.

As Alexander looked off the peak he saw a peculiar thing happen in a plains next to a river nearby... Writing appeared on it.

It read... in crude lettering " |3ui1d h34R j00 5700PiD n00|3z0r!!!1one11!1!" (Build here you stupid noob)
    -Solver t3h 1337 (Solver the elite)

Alexander was now regretting ever letting Metaliturtle know about 1337 5p34k, and he didn't like being called a noob.

"Come on Grecians! We are a hearty people! We will settle on this mountaintop! All other civilizations will fear our extreme mountain survival skills!"

"But oh wise Alexander," the Grecians asked, "How will we ever find food for 10,000 people on this barren slope?"

"Food?! Do you really think the semi-immortal leader of Greece needs food?!? Food is for the weak, but if you are all too weak to settle this deliciously barren and inhospitable land, we will go down to the Grafitti fields and have this 'food' in abundance."

So against his wishes, Alexander led his people down to the plains, which would become a famous city known as Vandals Choice, because of the curious writings that had shown up on the site before the city's founding.

Alexander soon became swamped with affairs of state. Solver, it seemed, wanted to micromanage EVERYTHING, and as a result Alexander did not get any free time to go women hunting or even to pass any laws such as the rights to prima nocte.

Alexander soon reverted to an earlier love, strategies of warfare.

It was amazing how much more important warfare had become in this new world. No longer would sheer numbers be effective against enemies, now combined forces of infantry, cavalry, and siege engines were necessary for any decent type of result on the battlefield.

Alexander's favorite tactic he called Anvil and Hammer. He would have his infantry do a frontal assault, and send his horsemen around behind the enemy's line to attack from behind, this left devastating results, and gave all members of the Grecian army confidence in facing foes.

"I, Alexander, am the greatest warlord in the history of men! I shall conquer the world starting with those upstarts to the west, the Romans."

Alexander sent an emissary formally declaring war so that everything would be nice and legal.

His message read something like this: "You suck, we are war, you!"

Alexander had not taught his people literacy yet...

Anyways, the Grecian army set out westward from Vandals Choice, complete with all manner of crazy catapult, infantry, and some horsemen who were impetuous for destruction.

Disciplined hopelites marched in such unison that it gave Alexander a chill, sound quality was much higher in this new land, Alexander knew it would lead to some more gruesome battle noises... which he enjoyed.

The army would soon surround Rome, and their pitiful 'Caesar' would be given only one chance to peacefully relinquish the city to the mighty Grecian military....

((Well, what features of Civ 4 do people want to see in this story? I'm procrastinating from my psychometrics homework for at least 6 hours yet, just let me know, I'll be stopping back tonight))
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

uh. huh.

Comment

indeed

I spoke with MarkG in the chat this morning (10-22-2005) and he said he would have a story area once the game is released

Looking forward is all I can say
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Sweet beans! I can't wait, maybe if we get contests going again we could win some lifetime 'poly plus memberships...

Metaliturtle crosses fingers and squirms a bit
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Is anyone interested in me continuing this?

Comment

anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

What the heck is psychometrics?
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Psychometrics- Psychological testing, for example the Stanford-Binet 5, the most recent valid IQ test

Literally it's a class where I am tested on my knowledge of tests

Comment

P Rex, you want me to continue, I need to know what you want continuation on, it makes things easier for me.

Comment

the harrasment...of course

but the story will do

Remember this:
                    If quizes are quizickle
                    what are tests
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I'd like to see more. I liked the humour part in the start, more of that would be my choice. Oh, and religion talk!
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Chapter 2... Religious Difficulties

Alexander had Rome surrounded. His Greek warriors were extremely psyched to take the city. It had been a while since he had commanded a battle, and he was so looking forward to it that he decided to talk to some old friends...

Defying his nation's knowledge of the future technologies, Alexander bust out a cell phone and gave a call to his old pal Shaka.

"Hey Shaka, guess where a bunch of us got to go!"

"Where, Alexander..." Shaka was tired and upset.

"I'm in Civ stinkin' 4!"

"WHAT!?!"

"Yeah, Metaliturtle put me in this Civ 4 story, and I thought I'd call you up and gloat about it a little bit."

"Well am I going to get to be in Civ 4?"

Alexander shook a magic 8 ball he had in his pocket, "Signs point to NO," he read.

"I hope Joan doesn't get to go either then," spake the Shakatype one.

"Nope, they left that Blonde bimbo way in the past!" Alexander exclaimed.

"Well good, at least she and I can conquer the Civ 3 world without you whenever we want."

Metaliturtle interjected, "Actually, I uninstalled Civ 3 so that my computer will have room for a full install of Civ 4 when it comes out. You and Joan probably won't be in stories unless you are advisors or great people or something in the game."

"Piddly poo!" said Shaka while regressing to an earlier Freudian stage of development.

"Hey, don't bring my story down to the poop and pee level, next thing you know you will ask me if I know why diarhea is genetc." said Metaliturtle.

"Why is it genetic?" Alexander and Shaka both asked.

"Okay fine, it's genetic because it runs in your jeans!"

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was great Metaliturtle... best joke ever!"

'I'm so glad Civ 4 has a more... Advanced AI," thought Metaliturtle.

Anyways, back to Rome...

The Grecian assault on Rome had begun, and it was a textbook victory, only one Grecian died in the whole ordeal from enjoying the 'spoils' of war.

As Alexander was preparing for the ceremonial trainer mounting, a messenger arrived.

"Sire! Vandals Choice is experiencing severe anguish at your conquering of a city that shares the same faith!"

"Faith? You mean I have to deal with Religion now? That means morals! That means accountability! That means no more ceremonial trainer mountings in conquered cities!" Alexander broke down in tears, how wonderful yet cruel this new world had become.

After the emotional breakdown, Alexander sent a unit of hopelites back to Vandals Choice to help increase the happiness levels there, and began to examine the scrolls of Caesar's capital city.

"Delicious technology" Alexander thought as he piled the Roman scrolls into his carriage. "Wheels are such a good idea!"

((Author's note: I would like to avoid touching civics because civics is one element of Civ4 I want to learn on my own, but anything else is fair game, what aspects do you guys think would be good in this story?))

Comment

Re: Chapter 2... Religious Difficulties

Originally posted by Metaliturtle

((Author's note: I would like to avoid touching civics because civics is one element of Civ4 I want to learn on my own, but anything else is fair game, what aspects do you guys think would be good in this story?))
                          Id rather see you write the story and if anyone wants to they'll add constructive criticism

Id rather see you write away, enjoy yourself and take all the liberties one can imagine

Comment

LOL GT I'll do that if you continue Napoleonic News

Comment

Originally posted by Metaliturtle
                              LOL GT I'll do that if you continue Napoleonic News
                              I may

I will say that I plan on heavy hitting writing for CIV IV

I love PBEM but found few players re able to keep up a steady pace, me included

Comment

Working...
                              X