Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metaliturtle
    replied
    LOL probably not, I think Barry White sued me for slander...

Leave a comment:

• ChrisiusMaximus
    replied
    nice stuff Turtle, any chance we'll get to see old Barry White making an appearance here

Leave a comment:

• Metaliturtle
    replied
    Freddz, it's really hard for me to both do a PBEM and write expansive storylines about it, and go to class sometimes, and write term papers, and play CIV 4 for just fun on my own, and have a fiancee etc. but I love to read other people's stories! Write something, I'll read it.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Freddz
    It would be fun to be part of writing a story if they get a story forum and play PBEM at the same time. Nice
    Mark said he will get us a forum

Thats how I base my storyline on

not so much "turn 1-turn 25" built roads and mines..

but more so what was going on inthe minds of the people and they citizens plight and military preparedness for upcoming battles

not the best but I enjoy it

Graps

hey..come join us

all ya gotta do is try

GT

Leave a comment:

• Freddz
    replied
    It would be fun to be part of writing a story if they get a story forum and play PBEM at the same time. Nice

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Metaliturtle
    LOL GT I'll do that if you continue Napoleonic News
    I may

I will say that I plan on heavy hitting writing for CIV IV

I love PBEM but found few players re able to keep up a steady pace, me included

Leave a comment:

• Metaliturtle
    replied
    LOL GT I'll do that if you continue Napoleonic News

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    Re: Chapter 2... Religious Difficulties

Originally posted by Metaliturtle

((Author's note: I would like to avoid touching civics because civics is one element of Civ4 I want to learn on my own, but anything else is fair game, what aspects do you guys think would be good in this story?))
    Id rather see you write the story and if anyone wants to they'll add constructive criticism

Id rather see you write away, enjoy yourself and take all the liberties one can imagine

Leave a comment:

• Metaliturtle
    replied
    Chapter 2... Religious Difficulties

Alexander had Rome surrounded. His Greek warriors were extremely psyched to take the city. It had been a while since he had commanded a battle, and he was so looking forward to it that he decided to talk to some old friends...

Defying his nation's knowledge of the future technologies, Alexander bust out a cell phone and gave a call to his old pal Shaka.

"Hey Shaka, guess where a bunch of us got to go!"

"Where, Alexander..." Shaka was tired and upset.

"I'm in Civ stinkin' 4!"

"WHAT!?!"

"Yeah, Metaliturtle put me in this Civ 4 story, and I thought I'd call you up and gloat about it a little bit."

"Well am I going to get to be in Civ 4?"

Alexander shook a magic 8 ball he had in his pocket, "Signs point to NO," he read.

"I hope Joan doesn't get to go either then," spake the Shakatype one.

"Nope, they left that Blonde bimbo way in the past!" Alexander exclaimed.

"Well good, at least she and I can conquer the Civ 3 world without you whenever we want."

Metaliturtle interjected, "Actually, I uninstalled Civ 3 so that my computer will have room for a full install of Civ 4 when it comes out. You and Joan probably won't be in stories unless you are advisors or great people or something in the game."

"Piddly poo!" said Shaka while regressing to an earlier Freudian stage of development.

"Hey, don't bring my story down to the poop and pee level, next thing you know you will ask me if I know why diarhea is genetc." said Metaliturtle.

"Why is it genetic?" Alexander and Shaka both asked.

"Okay fine, it's genetic because it runs in your jeans!"

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was great Metaliturtle... best joke ever!"

'I'm so glad Civ 4 has a more... Advanced AI," thought Metaliturtle.

Anyways, back to Rome...

The Grecian assault on Rome had begun, and it was a textbook victory, only one Grecian died in the whole ordeal from enjoying the 'spoils' of war.

As Alexander was preparing for the ceremonial trainer mounting, a messenger arrived.

"Sire! Vandals Choice is experiencing severe anguish at your conquering of a city that shares the same faith!"

"Faith? You mean I have to deal with Religion now? That means morals! That means accountability! That means no more ceremonial trainer mountings in conquered cities!" Alexander broke down in tears, how wonderful yet cruel this new world had become.

After the emotional breakdown, Alexander sent a unit of hopelites back to Vandals Choice to help increase the happiness levels there, and began to examine the scrolls of Caesar's capital city.

"Delicious technology" Alexander thought as he piled the Roman scrolls into his carriage. "Wheels are such a good idea!"

((Author's note: I would like to avoid touching civics because civics is one element of Civ4 I want to learn on my own, but anything else is fair game, what aspects do you guys think would be good in this story?))

Leave a comment:

• Nikolai
    replied
    I'd like to see more. I liked the humour part in the start, more of that would be my choice. Oh, and religion talk!

Leave a comment:

• Addled Platypus
    replied
    the harrasment...of course

but the story will do

Remember this:
    If quizes are quizickle
    what are tests

Leave a comment:

• Metaliturtle
    replied
    P Rex, you want me to continue, I need to know what you want continuation on, it makes things easier for me.

Leave a comment:

• Metaliturtle
    replied
    Psychometrics- Psychological testing, for example the Stanford-Binet 5, the most recent valid IQ test

Literally it's a class where I am tested on my knowledge of tests

Leave a comment:

• LordShiva
    replied
    What the heck is psychometrics?

Leave a comment:

• Addled Platypus
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X