Civ 4 Game Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 4 Game Music

Just wondered if anyone also found pleasure in the "return" of the theme music for the different civs in the game.

I especially found the music for the Germans interresting. From Civ 1 the music was one of JS Bach's Goldberg Variations, and now it sounds different. The interresting part beeing that the civ 4 music for the Germans is a variation of the Goldberg Variation in civ 1!

A variation of a variation... eeh..

My God I'm a nerd!

Yeah, I absolutely loved the return of the old music, opening video etc.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I like all the references to previous versions. Very well done IMO.
      What?

Comment

Re: Civ 4 Game Music

Originally posted by OmnipotentTrout
        Just wondered if anyone also found pleasure in the "return" of the theme music for the different civs in the game.

I especially found the music for the Germans interresting. From Civ 1 the music was one of JS Bach's Goldberg Variations, and now it sounds different. The interresting part beeing that the civ 4 music for the Germans is a variation of the Goldberg Variation in civ 1!

A variation of a variation... eeh..

My God I'm a nerd!

ahh it is all good mate...
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

If you guys want to listen to the story behind the Goldberg Variations and JS Bach's later periode, I would suggest listening to the Monday replay of Composer of the Week on BBC Radio 3. An excellent program btw.

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Comment

If you press the Fast Foreward button - 15 minutes then you will hear the famous theme music used in Civ for the Germans.

Remember that the replay will only be available until monday June 12th when a new replay will take its place...

PS: Catalogue no. BWV 988 Variatio 4 a 1

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X