Civ 4 Game Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 4 Game Music

Just wondered if anyone also found pleasure in the "return" of the theme music for the different civs in the game.

I especially found the music for the Germans interresting. From Civ 1 the music was one of JS Bach's Goldberg Variations, and now it sounds different. The interresting part beeing that the civ 4 music for the Germans is a variation of the Goldberg Variation in civ 1!

A variation of a variation... eeh..

My God I'm a nerd!

Yeah, I absolutely loved the return of the old music, opening video etc.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I like all the references to previous versions. Very well done IMO.
      What?

Comment

Re: Civ 4 Game Music

Originally posted by OmnipotentTrout
        Just wondered if anyone also found pleasure in the "return" of the theme music for the different civs in the game.

I especially found the music for the Germans interresting. From Civ 1 the music was one of JS Bach's Goldberg Variations, and now it sounds different. The interresting part beeing that the civ 4 music for the Germans is a variation of the Goldberg Variation in civ 1!

A variation of a variation... eeh..

My God I'm a nerd!

ahh it is all good mate...
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

If you guys want to listen to the story behind the Goldberg Variations and JS Bach's later periode, I would suggest listening to the Monday replay of Composer of the Week on BBC Radio 3. An excellent program btw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainf...d/radio3.shtml

Comment

If you press the Fast Foreward button - 15 minutes then you will hear the famous theme music used in Civ for the Germans.

Remember that the replay will only be available until monday June 12th when a new replay will take its place...

PS: Catalogue no. BWV 988 Variatio 4 a 1

Comment

http://apolyton.net/upload/view/79848_Variatio4a1.wav

Comment

Working...
              X