No announcement yet.

The Battle of Tlaxcala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read this, its good, a bit fast at first i said to myself, and maybe a little short.

But its actually very snappy and quite a joy to read, well done

Looking forward to the epilogue
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
      Just read this, its good, a bit fast at first i said to myself, and maybe a little short.

But its actually very snappy and quite a joy to read, well done

Looking forward to the epilogue

Yea, didn't have to much time on my hands....
      "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
      Check out my Blog!

Comment

Poj! Poj! Poj!

Great read mate

Look forward to more

Comment

Maybe a bit latter in the week, I beat the game Saturday. And started another sunday, which has had more story materials, so maybe some more in the future...If your attitudes are good, jk.
          Check out my Blog!

Comment

Guess what, I had some time, so I wipped a thing up, as I said in my earlier post, maybe some more from my current game... Enjoy!

Epilogue:

Today it was a sunny day in Tlaxcala, as the men from the battle returned to the city. The people in the town were celebrating, not just for the victory, but also the surrender of Peter the Great and the end of the war, however, most of the men were quiet.

Jordanian Clean-up Crews had been sent to the Valley, now known as the Valley of Blood. However, the manpower of the Crews was undermanned, and the clean up took over 45 days. Still, the Crews could not get the stench removed, the stench of death. Even after the Battle and many years later, locals still smell it, but most had moved out.

Jordanian Historians consider the Battle to be a turning point in Jordanian History. The Battle inspired Jordanian Scientists to create a new weapon, which was later known as the “tank”. Also, according to Jordanian reports, around 40-50% of Peter’s offensive army was destroyed. Tlaxcala also became a Jordanian military base and research center, never again was Tlaxcala threatened in this way.

Poj was one of those quiet men, he had seen death, and in a close personal way. He still was put on duty on the south side, and for the most part, the partying life had returned to normal, however, the event became engraved in his mind, and he would never be the same man that returned.

It was a gloomy day during the funeral, and Poj was not found of stormy or even gloomy days because of the recent battle. As he heard the 21-gun salute, and saw the Casket being lowered into the grave, he comforted Henderson’s Mother. She was then presented with a medal, and a flag in his honor.

As the First Fighting Div. and the Super Sixth Div. stood at attention, each member was presented a Unit Medal, and Poj was among them, but he did not receive just one medal, he received more than one could count, and was promoted to a Division Commander. But, he felt uncomfortable with all the fame and such, so he retired from the military.

Many years later, when most of his generation had past, Poj was still telling his story, and of valiant men like Henderson to his Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren, hoping his stories would take root in them. As the next conflicts arose, his offspring were greatly influenced by his stories and acted on them…
            Check out my Blog!

Comment

thanks for this

looking forward to your next one
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

good work
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Good work
                  The Sherrin Foundation
                  Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

good work
                    Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

good work
                      What?

Comment

Working...
                      X