This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU301 - Size Matters

Welcome to the Apolyton University, course 301: Size Matters!

Early expansion in CIV can be a tricky affair, with the risk of plummeting an economy into the virtual toilet, and leaving yourself exposed for your enemies to pick apart. This course will focus on the fine art of rapid early expansion, negotiating the razor edge of ruin and reward.

Students will be playing as Zara Yoqab of the Ethiopians, armed with the Creative and Organized traits to face the world.

The goal of the course is to expand as much as possible in the early game, as players are not allowed to take enemy cities for their own, or to raze and replace enemy cities. What you build in the early game will be all you have.

Students can select any difficulty level and speed they prefer for the course, though it is recommended to be played at Normal speed.

The course rules (no capture, no raze/replace) are, of course, up to the honor system, so we're counting on you to abide by them.

Good luck, and happy growing!
    Attached Files
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Are the grassland/floodplains intentional?
    Attached Files
    "

Comment

One question. If a Civ takes one of your early cities, can you take that BACK? Or did you just lose it for eternity?

Me.

Comment

Zargon, are you going to do a civgroup news item for this or do you want me to? (PM me if you want me to and/or if you need to know how as I probably won't remember to check this thread)
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Hehehe. I just noticed the grass/flood. Holy crap that is a lot of food.

That CAN'T be on purpose.

Me.

Comment

Does the "no capture" rule include cities joining peacefully through culture or through the AP?

Comment

DP

Comment

triple post! Ugh!

Comment

Ack, no, those floodplains are not purposeful. I will correct that immediately.

Comment

Ok, the scenario file has been replaced with a proper, non-super-food version

Comment

Also, I know you are not allowed to raze/capture, but are you allowed to raze them to make wars end faster so long as you leave them to allow the AI to resettle?

And what about capturing a city to give back at the end of the war? I mean, there are a good deal of angry people around.

Me.

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX
                        Ok, the scenario file has been replaced with a proper, non-super-food version
                        "

Comment

Also, it won't open the file. So how do I get it to work?

Comment

Are we allowed to use Solver's patch?

Comment

Does the "no capture" rule include cities joining peacefully through culture or through the AP?
                              An interesting question. I would say that, within the spirit of the course, any accepting of cities that you didn't personally settle would be out.

Comment

Working...
                              X