No announcement yet.

Installation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not able to play Civilization 4 with my friends on Windows 11. I recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. Are there any issues? It shows some kind of error. I want to play this game with my friends. please help.

Comment

I am the biggest YouTube fan! While I enjoy watching content on YouTube, I often prefer using YouTube Vanced for its enhanced experience, ad-free viewing, and background playback. It's fantastic!

Comment

I think you should log in with your original Microsoft account after reinstalling your pc. I don't know.​ much about this but my friend has faced the same problem as this and then he did log in with his Microsoft account and after doing all those things the game started well.​

Comment

While updating Windows and restarting your PC can indeed resolve various issues, the installation process for a game like Civilization IV might not be dependent on Windows updates specifically. However, ensuring your operating system is up to date is generally a good practice for optimal performance and compatibility with various applications, including games.

If you're encountering issues installing Civilization IV, it might be helpful to:

Check for Windows updates: Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for any available updates.

Restart your PC: After updating, restart your computer to apply the changes.

Install Civilization IV: Try installing the game again after ensuring your system is up to date and restarted.

If you continue to face problems during installation, there might be other factors at play. Issues could range from compatibility with your system to installation errors. If the problem persists, you might want to look for specific troubleshooting steps related to the installation process or seek help from the game's support resources or community forums for targeted assistance.​

Comment

Try running the game in compatibility mode with a previous version of Windows, and make sure your antivirus or firewall is not blocking the game. Check the integrity of the game files via Steam (if used). If the problem persists, update your graphics drivers and check for updates or patches for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Totanus View Post
              I need help if someone faced the same problem.

I formatted my PC and re-installed Windows 10 so I needed to install again CIV 4.

I made the game available for just the main user of the PC, that's me. I have administrator privileges. But, after reinstalling the game, it won't start. A message appears telling me the game must be run by someone with admin privileges. So I tried to start Civilization by right-clicking on it and using the command "run like administrator," but nothing happens.
              How this can be worked out? Thanks...

It seems like you're encountering an issue with running Civilization IV on Windows 10 even though you have administrator privileges. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the problem:
              1. Compatibility Mode:
                • Right-click on the Civilization IV shortcut or executable file.
                • Select "Properties."
                • Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
                • Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
                • Choose a previous version of Windows (e.g., Windows 7 or Windows XP).
                • Click "Apply" and then "OK."
              2. Run as Administrator:
                • Right-click on the Civilization IV shortcut or executable file.
                • Select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.
              3. Verify Game Files:
                • If you have the game on a digital platform like Steam, verify the integrity of the game files.
                  • In Steam, right-click on the game in your library, go to "Properties," then to the "Local Files" tab, and click "Verify Integrity of Game Files."
              4. Install DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable:
                • Ensure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system.
                • Install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio from the official Microsoft website. YoWhatsApp 7.0 Download
              5. Firewall and Antivirus:
                • Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall to check if they are interfering with the game's startup.
              6. User Account Control (UAC):
                • Check if your User Account Control (UAC) settings are preventing the game from running. You can adjust this in the Control Panel under "User Accounts."
              7. Updated Graphics Drivers:
                • Make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer to download and install the latest drivers.
              8. Check Event Viewer:
                • Check the Windows Event Viewer for any error messages related to Civilization IV. This might provide additional information about the issue.

After trying these steps, attempt to run Civilization IV again. If the problem persists, you may want to check online forums or the game's support resources for specific solutions or contact the game's support for assistance.
              ​

Comment

Originally posted by das View Post
                I am a biggest fan of YouTube and I love to watch YouTube content but most of the time I prefer to to watch YouTube content in YouTube Vanced
                While a huge WhatsApp fan, I mostly use GB WhatsApp Pro for its extra features. The official app just doesn't cut it for me!
                ​

Comment

Working...
                X