No announcement yet.

What is your greatest wish for Civ 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yeah, forgot about that... yep I've tried a few games... got beaten in every game though...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

My greatest wish for Civ4 is: RESPECT MY BORDERS, YOU AI SCUM!

Comment

We have to be realistic... that is never going to happen... AI's always prefer to go to war with their one pikeman who crossed the borders against my army of tanks, than to respect the borders

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
          Ah yeah, forgot about that... yep I've tried a few games... got beaten in every game though...
          I wish there was a way to enter notes while playing the game. That would help to leave a reminder to where I saw an enemy unit or to remind me of my strategy. Sometimes weeks go by between turns if you have player participation issues.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

We have to be realistic... that is never going to happen... AI's always prefer to go to war with their one pikeman who crossed the borders against my army of tanks, than to respect the borders

If that's true, it's bye bye to Civ for me. I've played Civ1, 2, 3 + CTP 1/2 and SMAC, but this simply isn't good enough. The Civ3 system is retarded. Period.

Comment

Yes it's a very stupid system they have for that in Civ games (don't remember if that problem existed in Civ1 + 2), but IIRC the system in ctp 2 was even worse than in Civ3. When (in ctp 2) I asked the AI to remove it's unit(s) from my borders there were a 90% risk that the AI would decleare war because it didn't want to remove the unit(s) even though the AI had no chance of winning the war... in Civ 3 the risk of AI declearing war because of this is "much" smaller

Would be great if they could make them respect the borders though... it's annoying to have to tell the AI turn after turn to get their units back to their side of the borders
              Last edited by Adagio; January 31, 2005, 17:00.

Comment

It also takes away a bit of the atmosphere, the feeling of 'owning' and controlling a nation. It's not fun when foreign soldiers use your land as a highway whenever they please.

Comment

An (ever) improved AI and less micromanagement.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

The absence of caravans in CIV III was a dissapointment to me. I enjoyed the challenge of establishing trade routes, building large cities with food routes, and being able to race to complete wonders.

Bring back caravans! (the increased diplomacy options in civ III were great, but not worth trading for freight units). Maybe allow civs to have trade embargoes, or tariffs through diplomacy, but bring back the caravans!

Also, got t obe able to race on wonders.

CIV; best game ever
                    Ants. An MGE scenario
                    http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=57835_ant.zip

Comment

One of my greatest wishes for Civ3 was to get rid of caravans

Comment

I just started playing CtP2 and found that the diplomacy options are much better than Civ3. You can ask nations to remove their troops, and raise the tone of the negotiations. It's pretty good and worthwhile for Firaxis to infuse some of those concepts into the cIV diplo model.
                        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Yeah, thank heaven for that!
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I've seen this opinion hinted at elsewhere! A conversation on the topic must have occured b/f.

I wonder why you don't like caravans. Certainly you must be able to rush wonders in CIV IV, and it makes sense that multiple of your cities should be able contribute to a great project. Caravans are a reasonable and historically sensible (think of the resources pouring into Egypt to complete the Pyramids) way to reallocate resources.

Perhaps you found the units cumbersome to use. There may be alternatives then to redistibuting food or establishing tade between civs. But still, caravans were one third of the unit classes in the originals, they are not much more difficult to use than military or diplomatic units, and their usefullness in the game made them a truly competitive choice rather than just pumping out armies. Real life cities and nations spend more resources building things to trade than things to blow things up.

Ants. An MGE scenario
                            http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=57835_ant.zip

Comment

They were just too boring/annoying

ctps model for this where slightly better...

Comment

Instead of using caravans to help hurry Wonders, the income of trade agreements could be diverted to Wonders as well instead of to citizens only, but perhaps with an added effect to make it more worthwhile using the profit on the Wonder then the citizens.
                                He who knows others is wise.
                                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X