No announcement yet.

I really hate it when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually no copper fo rme is the "let the whining begin" moment. But last night I was surprise to see 4 coppers within 8 squares with one being on grassland in my cap's bfc. Of course I paid for it with no eles or horses and the one iron was on the ice surround basically by all ice so it was a size on city all night. At least i was the CHinese and my sprecial crossbows ruled the world.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No horses, if persia.

No metal (I don't really care which) if anything else.

Elephants I never worry about. I've only had a couple of games ever where I actually had them. One of the consequences of playing the map settings I do is that I'm rarely starting in the right area of the map to be near them.

Comment

And those map settings would be...................
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I hate it when you lose 3 95% or more battles in a row... sigh.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In MP most of my attacks are stack attacks so I don't notice when this happens.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Even in MP games, I find myself in situations where I'm attacking single units (barbarians or pilligers during war) where I attack one on one. Nothing worse than the invincible barb archer
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah when you attack it with 90+ odds and it doesn't even get damaged!
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Yeah, that's the worst. You attack and lose your GG and to add salt to the wound, you didn't even nick him.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                    It used to drive me crazy in CIV 3. What made it worse was that I would get pissed off, go back in time to improve the finish time by a few turns, but the AI would still beat me to it! IE the AI knew when we would finish the wonder and cheated to finish first.
                    I hate this happen to me recently. Playing as Saladin of the Arabs on Emperor, I started building The Oracle and calculated that I should be done around 1300 BC which, in my experience, is usually a safe target date. On average, The Oracle gets built around 1100 - 900 BC on Emperor (Epic speed), from what I've seen. Except this time when, 1325 BC I get the announcement that The Oracle has been built somewhere. Shuks, so I reload an earlier save and rearrange my priorities, so that my new target date is 1600 BC ! Now I was proud of myself ... except that this time, in 1625 BC, I again get the announcement that someone just beat me to The Oracle ! M**cker ! Ok, then, he messes with me ? Let's take a closer look ... what could be done ? You imagine, not much by now if I also want to have Writing (otherwise there's not much use in building the Oracle) ... but I look hard, reshuffle my research and build priorities and come up with a target date of 1700 BC ! Having the Oracle built by 1700 BC AND having Writing as well by that date, I'm pretty satisfied ... And yet, as you might imagine, in 1725 BC, I AGAIN get the announcement that someone else has just completed The Oracle !

I was so frustrated I hit the World builder and went to check - it was Rameses of the Egyptians with Marble in his BFC (and having started with a quarry on it already, no need for a worker nor Masonery for him). This I found disgusting, so I quit and erased all the saves from this game.

Comment

On the rare couple of times that I went back that I did this, when I went back usually just went to the turn before and whipped it, so obviously the AI doesn't take that into account since in either case it didn't adjust and beat me to it.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have gone into the WB and decreased the AI city size so they can't whip it, then whip it myself.
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

If you're going to do that, you might as well just put the wonder in your city.
                          Then at least you get the money for not being able to work on it anymore
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey I am not going to cheat here

Comment

now i have to clean up the doctor pepper out of my keyboard.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X