No announcement yet.

Warlord Game Strategy Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main way free promos help is that they "accelerate the curve". e.g., instead of taking 26XP to get Combat V, it only tkes 17XP. Saying "+1 promotion" doesn't really take into account the scaling cost of promotions.

AGG/PRO (Toku) would bump you up 2 levels for Combat I, Drill I (I don't really count CG I as much value to a Warlord), so honestly I would guess that's a viable alternative to CHR. (Don't forget that a Warlord automatically goes up to 20+XP so the comparison below 20 is kind of moot.)

Of course, the other benefits of CHR are better than the other benefits of AGG/PRO combined. (Happy blows away cheap barracks and walls).

Comment

Of course, the other benefits of CHR are better than the other benefits of AGG/PRO combined. (Happy blows away cheap barracks and walls).
      Good point.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, quite true if you're in REP, but if you're in HR, less so. (even considering I rarely build walls)
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

well poop.

In the few games i have tried with this strat, the GGs in the stack seem to always get killed. Is it because they are the best defenders in the stack? Am I an idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by Norselord View Post
            well poop.

In the few games i have tried with this strat, the GGs in the stack seem to always get killed. Is it because they are the best defenders in the stack? Am I an idiot?
            I can't speak to whether you're an idiot.

Since you're attacking with GGs almost always, I find it's essential to keep solid unwounded, non-GG defenders in the stack.

Comment

for some reason my wounded GGs are the first to defend...

Comment

Originally posted by Norselord View Post
                for some reason my wounded GGs are the first to defend...
                What version of the game are you running?

Also, it depends on how wounded they are. To a great extent, they can be wounded and still kick ass. I've had a single wounded GG kill over 25 units in a single turn. But after a point you want to be sure you have units with them optimized for defense (i.e., no CR promotions).

Comment

running the very latest...

I am going to give cyrus a shot in a bit...i'll see if i cant get to nuclear war stage with him

Comment

cyrus is a good one... build the great wall... and then defend your turf while racking up a ton of GGs. Race through the tech tree, and then nuke em all

Good luck.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                    X