Patches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches?

Hi, everyone. Maybe some of the vets will remember me, I used to be pretty active on the forums a few years ago...

Anyway, I'm returning to Civ in grand style (I finally managed to get a copy of Beyond the Sword; it wasn't released in Brazil and I had to import it from the States) after quite some time spent in certain provinces of Tamriel...

I have Civ IV, Warlords and BtS, and I would like to know which patch(es) should I install? I guess that the Warlords patch has vanilla fixes from previous patches, and I'm guessing that the same is true in the case of BtS.

Is it something like this?:

Civ IV
    Warlords
    Warlords patch
    BtS
    BtS patch

Thanks for the help!
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Good to see you again Alex... welcome back.

You just need BTS and the 3.19 patch.

See the following thread

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

ooh... The ruler of Mingapulco himself!

Thanks for the info, Ming. I've installed Civ IV and its latest patch, now I just have to install Warlords, BtS and the BtS patch (which, by the way, took me an eternity to download... Firaxis servers are slooooow).

And then it will be time for more good ol' Civ goodness!

(I think I have to update my sig, LOL)

Comment

i've had problems in the past with installing BTS without having the vanilla fully patched up.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I've had problems loading the 3.19 patch from firaxis... you are better off getting it from here or CFC.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Alex, you may want BetterAI as well, plus of course updated mods such as Fall From Heaven / Fall Further.

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
              i've had problems in the past with installing BTS without having the vanilla fully patched up.
              I also. Get the 1.74 vanilla patch installed before the 3.19 patch just to be safe.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
                Alex, you may want BetterAI as well, plus of course updated mods such as Fall From Heaven / Fall Further.

Just be careful what you add if you want to play MP. For MP, you must have the identical game/version of all the other players. Most MP players simply have the latest version of BTS with the 3.19 patch.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

when I installed it on my lap top, I didn't patch vanilla and had no problem at all.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If you load a mod, make sure you save an unaltered copy of the Core.dll files somewhere.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                      If you load a mod, make sure you save an unaltered copy of the Core.dll files somewhere.

What he said... KEY!
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        I've had problems loading the 3.19 patch from firaxis... you are better off getting it from here or CFC.
                        It took me a long time, but I managed to download it... I didn't install it yet, but if it doesn't work I'll download it from Poly.

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
                        Right now I'm not planning to install mods, but I'll surely check them in the near future.

I also. Get the 1.74 vanilla patch installed before the 3.19 patch just to be safe.
                        I've been playing vanilla with the latest vanilla patch the last few days, so this part is done.

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        Just be careful what you add if you want to play MP. For MP, you must have the identical game/version of all the other players. Most MP players simply have the latest version of BTS with the 3.19 patch.
                        MP is something I'll definitely consider in the near future, so thanks for the tip.

Duly noted.

Thanks to everyone that posted. It's good to be back...

Comment

Working...
                        X