No announcement yet.

Silly questions, w/poll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he was in danger of getting his butt kicked, since he didn't have a common border with Boudica and I was already introducing her to the wonders of gunpowder units. He didn't have a war with Justinian or the german guy that I saw. I was not Saladin's worst enemy and well on top in power, so that fits. Maybe he fell behind the german and Justinian in score? Seems like he was in a decent position, which is what confuses me. I assume the low difficulty level would have an impact as well.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Let us know when you're ready for some fun on Friday or Saturday nights.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Been considering it, but I should probably finish a game above chieftain first

Comment

Actually you probably shouldn't. You're learning a lot of bad habits that you're going to have to unlearn later.

Besides, take comfort in that we play one night stands so no matter how badly you do, it's over quick. You'll learn a lot more that way.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Assuming old CWs can still learn new tricks.

Comment

I DID, so there's hope for you. We play at noble. We throw a few ai's in so if you get eliminated early enough you can rejoin as one of the ai's.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I could run more than one civ into the ground? Clearly civ4 is better.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  HUMANS are .... generally more trustworthy.
                  Really? I thought that the rule of thumb in MP is that if you're not conspiring to dogpile someone, everyone else is conspiring to dogpile you.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                    Also, I don't like open borders. "Enemy" units wandering around freely in my civ is disconcerting and brings up bad memories of civ2 mp games.
                    They can't attack within your borders with a Right-of-Passage. Fortunately the RoP-rape tactic of Civ 3 was removed.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                      I don't know, the original corruption model in CIV III was so bad it sucked all the fun out of the game.
                      I remember that. From Father Beast's review: "Corruption is a problem. Even under a Democracy. Even on Chieftain. Even in your Capitol on Chieftain in a Democracy with a Palace and courthouse, And celebrating We Love The President day."
                      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                        Really? I thought that the rule of thumb in MP is that if you're not conspiring to dogpile someone, everyone else is conspiring to dogpile you.
                        Yes there is conspiring but you'll find that humans remember. So you have to be careful breaking deals because if you do it often, people won't make deals with you in the future. So reputation makes a difference.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X