Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks to me as though you didn't install 1.74 correctly. Are you sure you put it in the right folder? Compare:
    c:/program files/firaxis games/sid meier's civilization 4
    c:/program files/firaxis games/sid meier's civilization 4/beyond the sword
    my documents/my games/sid meier's civilization 4
    my documents/my games/beyond the sword
    Last edited by wodan11; August 9, 2010, 07:23.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
      I don't know what you mean "is it enough?"

Yes, there's a difference. I would ONLY play BtS, given the choice for myself. There are few reasons to play Warlords or vanilla instead.
      All right, but Vel's strategy will also work on BTS? I went studying it this week, so I could be prepared before playing.

What I meant with "is it enough" is if I only have to install the latest patch, or should I install previous patches also?
      Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
      Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
      New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

Originally posted by campm@jor View Post
        All right, but Vel's strategy will also work on BTS? I went studying it this week, so I could be prepared before playing.
        What's "Vel's strategy"?

What I meant with "is it enough" is if I only have to install the latest patch, or should I install previous patches also?

I would probably install vanilla 1.74 plus BtS 3.19. In fact, that's what I did when I reinstalled a couple of months ago.

Comment

Looks to me as though you didn't install 1.74 correctly. Are you sure you put it in the right folder? Compare:
          c:/program files/firaxis games/sid meier's civilization 4
          c:/program files/firaxis games/sid meier's civilization 4/beyond the sword
          my documents/my games/sid meier's civilization 4
          my documents/my games/beyond the sword
          I copied the 1.74 from the download folder and pasted it into c:/program files/firaxis games/sid meier's civilization 4 and it made no difference. There is no c:/program files/firaxis games/sid meier's civilization 4/beyond the sword file since it hasn't installed BTS. Once again when I tried to install BTS from the disk I got the same trying to download new version and it failed. If I open the 1.74 file it says: " The setup has detected that version 1.09.0000 of Sid Meier's CIV 4 is currently installed. This setup is not compatible with this version. You will have to uninstall the previous version before you continue." So should I just uninstall CIV 4 Vanilla?

Comment

1.74 should be an install .exe file.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

About Vel's strategy: Click here

Comment

Oh. Well, there are significant changes in the past 4 years (since he wrote that). Much of the fundamentals he speaks of are solid. But some of the changes do have far-reaching affect.

Comment

AND those originals were written for vanilla. BTS is a different beast.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    AND those originals were written for vanilla. BTS is a different beast.
                    I think that's what I said?

Comment

But did Vel write something similar for BTS? Or did someone else?

Comment

I think that's what I said?

Well next time say it more clearly.

Actually I thought you were referring to as people learned more about the game there were some additional strats developed that weren't always consistent with vels original writings. But yeah, basically the same thing.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I, generally, avoid mods because when I play Civ4 it is usually MP so if you have a mod then it causes trouble in MP.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I LOVE james jeans work. He's done alotta illustrations for the covers of books adn stuff like that. But he's also done hangbags..

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV View Post
                              to Firaxis for continuing to support the game, especially for the no-CD feature.
                              Tell me about it. 16 hours was what it took me to update the interface for RFCEurope.

Comment

Is it just me or do the Bots come out every Friday night?

They mostly come out at night. Mostly.

/sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X