X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    - Fixed a bug in AI war declaration in exchange for technologies
    how was this a bug? Or was it not working before and they fixed it?
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

For those interested, I have identified one other change. Note that in version 3.17, if the player adopted the Nationalism posture, he could draft the most recent main unit (melee or gunpowder) at a cost of 2 citizens and 1 unhappiness for 15 turns. Doing it again within that 15 turns cost 1 unhappiness for 23 turns, undsoweiter, just as with slaving. NOW with version 3.19, the cost for one draftee is 1 citizen but 3 unhappiness for 15 turns, with the next 3 for 23 turns, and so forth.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

edit: erased cuz i got the problem resolved, guess my firewall hates games, lol.
        Last edited by brandonjm8; November 19, 2009, 16:25.

Comment

I found a bug in the 317 version, the wwii 39 german facing russian ai 2 sq sw of belgrade - human attacker cant destroy anything no matter the odds and the green messages above repeat artillery attack blah blah blah even when artillery aint involved

dont know if I wanna devote more time to see if that got fixed, doubt it

Comment

Welcome, please sample some of our CIV advice and while you at it, why not buy a t-shirt?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Mac users have "mod" before their name

Hi, because of the "mod" before my name i'm being booted of every game...
              I've installed the 3.19 patch and it's so sad i can't play online. I've been playing CIV 4 for at least 4 years.
              Thank's for your help if you know how to fix it.

Comment

One of your game files is modified, such as turning off global warming. Reinstall the game if you don't remember which file you changed.

Comment

Patches ?

When a patch is released is it for the standalone game or does it apply to the Complete version as well ? I haven't had any problems with CIV IV but Colonization crashes after the opening scene just before the game starts.
                  I play Civilization on the PC & PS3.

Comment

I got a laptop last week with Windows 7 on it and am having trouble installing BTS. I have no problem with Civ 4 ( I installed all the patches. 3.17 and 3.19) but when installing BTS it says there is a new version available, tries to download it, fails and aborts the install. I even tried going into properties and changing compatability to Windows XP. Any ideas?

Comment

Do it manually. The in-game updater is buggy. Download the patch from here.

ps 3.19 is not a patch for Civ4 vanilla but for BtS. Civ4 "Vanilla", Warlords, and BtS are all different games and all 3 are probably installed on your computer. Be aware you're putting patches into the right place.

Comment

I recently bought Civ IV Complete. Over 2 weeks my new PC will arrive, with Windows 7. Is it enough to install patch 3.19?

And should I play BTS, or is it worth playing WL or vanilla as well? Is there a big difference?
                        Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
                        Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
                        New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

I don't know what you mean "is it enough?"

Yes, there's a difference. I would ONLY play BtS, given the choice for myself. There are few reasons to play Warlords or vanilla instead.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
                            Do it manually. The in-game updater is buggy. Download the patch from here.

ps 3.19 is not a patch for Civ4 vanilla but for BtS. Civ4 "Vanilla", Warlords, and BtS are all different games and all 3 are probably installed on your computer. Be aware you're putting patches into the right place.
                            I downloaded the patch manually, which I had already done, but first I went into CIV 4 Vanilla and looked for updates. It told me there is a 174 update and told me it downloaded it and then click OK to close program and install it. I do that but when I go back to check for updates again it does the same thing. BTW, I don't have Warlords installed.

I tried reinstalling BTS again and got the same message - "there is a new version of CIV 4 available." It tries to download it, fails dowloading it and aborts the installation of BTS.

I tried putting in the BTS patch before installing BTS but when it tries to install it stops responding.

Comment

Go into the Vanilla Advanced screen, "Version" or something, and either tell us or post a screenshot of what version you have installed.

Also note that you can (and probably should) install Vanilla v1.74 manually. You can get it here:
                              http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...p?do=cat&id=12

(In case it isn't obvious, the in-game installer is crap. They farked it up and never really fixed it.)

Comment

For the vanilla version here is what I have:

Civ Version: 109
                                Save Version: 101
                                Build Version: 1.0.9.1722 (41735)
                                Build Date: Tuesday 12/6 10:16:45 2005
                                Build: Final Release
                                Mod Name: None

I had already manually installed v1.74 but tried it again. Once again, CIV 4 Vanilla runs properly, it's BTS that won't install. It says there is a new version of CIV4 available and fails to install it and aborts.

Comment

Working...
                                X