PolyCast Episode 68: "Extreme Civ Makeover"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 68: "Extreme Civ Makeover"

Without the visuals. The sixty-eighth episode of PolyCast is now netcasting. "Extreme Civ Makeover" features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Makahlua and Imran Siddiqui and Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney with returning guest co-host Ken "Carch" Baudicher and first-time guest co-host Ted "Supr49er" Webster.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy. A nominee in the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories of the 2008 Podcast Awards, sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 02m03s | News
    On Apolyton Transition 2009 and what that means for the show (related link #1/#2/#3).
    - 05m43s | Forum Talk
    What do you think is the weakest part of your Civilization IV game and on revealing classical resources earlier.
    - 19m24s | Vault
    Why can't Gunpowder Units take City Raider promotions (from Episode 62).
    - 25m27s | Research Lab
    An argument for more happy and healthy buildings in the Modern Age, and a request for dividing the Open Borders agreement.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    Who's been out of the Civ loop for some months, and all nighters of CivIV and implications for... personal hygiene.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

ahh - here you are!

Re gunpowder units - nearly all of the points I would have made were covered except ... when you attack with melee units, you are often attacking units that have bonuses against melee units (axes, maces, crossbows, suitable promotions, etc). However, when you first get to first of the gunpowder units, all of those defensive promotions are rendered pointless and you get more attacking benefit than just a '+1' in attacking strength.
      Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"
      Visit my Civ IV web site for information on mods that I am involved with or use and other Civ IV tools
      woo hoo! My wife publishes her first book. Buy it now in paperback format at lulu and help me retire so I can write more BUG mod code.

Comment

Amazing what Dan Q can do with editing.
        Does you new career involve "reality" TV?
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by ruff_hi View Post
          ahh - here you are!

Re gunpowder units - nearly all of the points I would have made were covered except ... when you attack with melee units, you are often attacking units that have bonuses against melee units (axes, maces, crossbows, suitable promotions, etc). However, when you first get to first of the gunpowder units, all of those defensive promotions are rendered pointless and you get more attacking benefit than just a '+1' in attacking strength.
          Ah yes, I had forgotten that point. Very good addendum.

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
          Amazing what Dan Q can do with editing.
          Thanks, Ted.

Does you new career involve "reality" TV?
          No, but .

Comment

Working...
          X