X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amphibious Shock War Elephants!
    aka Lone Wolf, aka LoneWolfEburg.

In the childhood we shared, all the schoolbooks would dot the same i's,
    And today we can speak the same language beyond simple phrasing.

Comment

Dog soldiers armed with tin and cat women wrapped in leather, is there no end to the wiles of those Americans? The answer to this is Wolf RL's "Amphibious Shock War Elephants!" which we will bring over on our ocean galleys based on a tech that we traded for with the Polynesians. Considering the vested interests of the lizardmen and the dragon-riders, it is all getting out of hand.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
        the lizardmen and the dragon-riders, it is all getting out of hand.

these techs should be opened up after genetics, imo!!!

Comment

the lizardmen and the dragon-riders, it is all getting out of hand.
          OR maybe these should be there at the beginning, like the bears and such. Experiments by the Gods of religions we do not acknowledge. We could include wolfmenn, devils, and demons popping up at random in the lands of selected religions during the Middle Ages. One group will come to the people of the book (Christians, Muslims, and Jews) and a different set for the others.
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

my god you are right, they could be in from the beginning! And zombies and skeletons too!!!

hmmm thats got my brain ticking... civilization in the land of the zombie hoards... awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jnh140
              my god you are right, they could be in from the beginning! And zombies and skeletons too!!!

hmmm thats got my brain ticking... civilization in the land of the zombie hoards... awesome.

OR maybe these should be there at the beginning, like the bears and such. Experiments by the Gods of religions we do not acknowledge. We could include wolfmenn, devils, and demons
              It's called Fall from Heaven II, gentlemen. And it is awesome.
              You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Bear Cavalry instead of War Elephants? Sign me up.
                "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

Link didn't bring up pic, so...

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Maybe zombie guerillas could show up if nukes had gone off in the vicinity.

As an artifact of avoidance, I've only seen one meltdown in CivIV, none in the BTS set. Now that I know that only the last plant counts, I may go for building a replacement plant if I "inherit" one.

Comment

Re: War Elephants

Originally posted by Ming
                      It really takes pikeman to do the job properly on elephants.
                      pikeman are the very next tech so it should not be too hard
                      "great liars are great magicians"
                      "i came. i saw. i conquered."
                      "speak softly and carry a big stick"

Comment

Engineering is a lot more costly.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

weaken with catapults maybe ?

Comment

Longbows/crossbows with drill/combat II+ charge. Elephants are vulnerable to 1st strikes.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Re: Re: War Elephants

Originally posted by BrotherBiff

pikeman are the very next tech so it should not be too hard
                              It isn't really the next tech as you must have machinery to get engineering. Sometimes the arrows in the tech tree are a bit misleading. Knights can be the rough equivalent to elephants depending on the promotions, but the original question was are they overpowered. The answer appears to be "Yes."

Comment

im not gonna complain because when i have ivory i dont mind

Comment

Working...
                                X