X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordBiff
    My nephew does not have warlords.
    Wow!
    Again, My nephew does not have Warlords.

I thought I saw a version 2.00 somewhere. Really the only why to know what version you have, is to try to patch the game. You get a message saying you already have version 1.74. That is dumb to not have version number somewhere you can see it. I guess they figure it will never need patching.

So just to get some facts straight:

Fact: nephew does not have warlords

Fact: Civ 4 does not see a warlords save

Fact: since Civ4 does not recognize a warlords save I can't try to load it with Civ4

Fact: I can't try to load a Warlords game with just Civ4, If this is possible please post a procedure on how to do that. just as a proof of concept.

Fact: I set up another game by myself and get the same results. So I know for sure it was not warlords.

Please stop with the warlords stuff. I made a mistake about the version level. which is easy to do since that information is not available in game.

Willem was probably right it's the security thing he refer to in a post.

That is what should be patched, and will not be.

Comment

As I understand your question, Unimatrix11 has politely given you your answer.
      If you aren't confused,
      You don't understand.

Comment

As a reminder to folks... If you want to play MP games, everybody has to have the same version of the game.
        Vanilla Civ 4 users can only play MP games with other people using Vanilla Civ4, and both have to have the same patch.
        The same holds true for Warlords and BTS. If you try hosting a game with Warlords, only other players with the same loaded patch and Warlords can play with you.

It's really that simple
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

... and if you patch, old savegames may become unusable, right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
            ... and if you patch, old savegames may become unusable, right ?
            That has indeed caused problems. Whenever ANYTHING with the game changes, there can be a problem with old saves.

With MP, everything has to be the same.

One of reasons why MPer's are still pissed that a new patch hasn't come out to fix the problems with the last patch. While SP players can afford to load the fan patches that fix these problems, MPers really can't. We would have to load two versions of the game (with and without) to insure that we can play with others with no problems.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by LordBiff
              Really the only why to know what version you have, is to try to patch the game.
              That's not true. In the opening screen go to Advanced then open About This Build. It will tell you there what version you have. Instead of getting irate and ranting about all this stuff, maybe you should try to ask some questions and get the information you need.

Comment

I didn't think I was all that irate. I do tend to rant though. Anyway thanks for the heads up on the version info.

Comment

I cannot see how the phrase "This is pure BS from Sid." as well as others from your original post can be interpreted as anything other than very irate. Your interpretation may vary. I would hate to see just how ugly your language choices would be if you were really irate. And I would hate to see the reactions you got.

Anyway, here's hoping you got the answers you needed and can make work what you need to make work.
                  If you aren't confused,
                  You don't understand.

Comment

Yeah - do it Patton style: Whenever you feel it croaching up inside you, cross your arms, count to 10 and take a deep breath before you say or do anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
                      Yeah - do it Patton style: Whenever you feel it croaching up inside you, cross your arms, count to 10 and take a deep breath before you say or do anything...
                      What Patton would that be? Certainly not the ill-tempered, foul-mouthed American General in WW II. He may have been the greatest tactical and operational commander of all time, but he was not famous for "counting to 10." OR were you pulling our chain?
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Patton.
                        10,9...screw you.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

he had to promise to do that to eisenhower before he would get another command in france. greatest tactictal whatever - pffff... :P

Comment

Originally posted by eris
                            I cannot see how the phrase "This is pure BS from Sid." as well as others from your original post can be interpreted as anything other than very irate. Your interpretation may vary. I would hate to see just how ugly your language choices would be if you were really irate. And I would hate to see the reactions you got.

Anyway, here's hoping you got the answers you needed and can make work what you need to make work.
                            Yeah, now that you mention it I was irate. I remember felling that way.

Comment

Working...
                            X