Issues installing CIV IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues installing CIV IV

I am having an issue installing CIV IV on my new computer. I was wondering if anyone else has or has had the same issue. It will install untill it gets to the very end and I get a pop up message that states:
    Feature: C++Runtime Libraries 7.1
    Component:
    File:
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

I check my computer and the file folders have been set up but not anything inside the file folders. Thank you for any help.

Originally posted by karlmphysics

Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
    That usually indicates a bad disk. If it's brand new, you should take it back to the store you bought it from and ask them for a replacement. If you've had it for awhile I'd say you're SOL. You've probably scratched the disc somewhere in a critical area and now the drive can't read it properly.

Comment

Can also be the CD/DVD-ROM that's faulty. Try with an other if you have it available.

Comment

I dont know if this still works, but i once heard, you could try to smooth the scratch, so instead of a ´chasm´ on your disk, make it kind of a ´valley´... - dont ask me how, tho...

How long, till software will be released on memory-sticks ?

Comment

Thanks for your help. I'll try and clean the disk. I have had the game since it was first released and this is the first computer I've had any issue installing it on.

Comment

Well, disks get scratched over time... so that makes sense that it would come up after a number of years. Each time you insert the disk to the drive, it gets a bit scratched, and a small chance at a more significant scratch...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
            X