Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you turn off pollution or meltdowns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you turn off pollution or meltdowns?

These things just annoy me, is there any way to turn them off when starting a game? I have v.1.7.4.

Thanks
    Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
    - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Not sure what you can do in Vanilla Civ IV. Pretty sure you are stuck with what you get as to nuke plants/weapons in BTS.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

There is no polution in Civ 4; whack a mole polution from Civ 2 & 3 was replaced with unhealthiness.

As to preventing a nuclear meltdown just don't build a nuclear power plant.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

There's probably a setting in one of the XML files that defines the probability of a meltdown. If so, it would presumably be possible to eliminate meltdowns by changing its value to zero.

Comment

Use BtS. Much lower chance of a tile suffering from global warming, and the amount of forest/jungle mitigates against it also (so don't chop it all down).

Comment

Working...
          X