No announcement yet.

Rush buying Wonders help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALT-S, Blaupanzer! No zooming out required.
    Target tile appears under your cursor to indicate where sign will be placed. Click to place sign and enter text.

rah, to be honest I only place worker-oriented signs in select situations. If I have placed a large fleet of ships in a port (especially a new one), I might give it a "naval base" sign. Airport signs, OTOH, are required.

Monastary abbrevs I use are in the form of CoM, ChM, TaM, HiM, BhM, etc.
    For an airport, I use a simple "8" (propeller).

Signs can be very useful, especially on a huge map where your empire has ballooned to 60+ cities.

Comment

I'll just modify the city name.
      Rome-A-m2
      Means it has an airport and two GGs settled in it.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
        I did a lot of the same in I'd include markings for barracks (since they helped military units heal faster), airports, SDI, etc.

As I start to go late game conquering, I really should resurrect this practice.

Although I did rename the Ethiopian(?) city of Gandor (sp?) to Gondor.

Comment

Are >15 stored?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonWolf
            Are >15 stored?
            Amplify this question a bit. Under what circumstances? Or are you asking if the limit is 15 hammers? If the latter then no, not AFAIK. Not actually aware that there is a limit. Also, the number of hammers "stored" does not deteriorate over time as it did in earlier versions of Civ.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
              Not actually aware that there is a limit. Also, the number of hammers "stored" does not deteriorate over time as it did in earlier versions of Civ.
              Um, not true on both counts. As I said above, the limit on overflow is the hammer value of whatever you've just built. You have a 10-turn grace period (at normal speed, scales appropriately at other speeds) where stored hammers don't decay, then you lose one hammer per turn. The ten turns are total and don't reset if you switch back to the item. For example, you're building Pyramids when barbs appear. You spend 6 turns building an archer, switch back to Pyramids, then spend 6 turns building another archer. During each of the last two turns of the second archer, you'll lose one of the hammers invested in the Pyramids.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                Rome-A-m2
                Means it has an airport and two GGs settled in it.

Enter the name for this city: (default: Rome)

Dude, I *so* have one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV

Um, not true on both counts.
                  Eek! Wrong twice. Glad I brought it up. At least the right info is out here now. Sorry about that.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                  X