Being Financial on Marathon Game Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sowings
    Tried Darius on Marathon speed to test out this theory. Yep, significant tech lead. Though frankly, I'm not sure how much of that was due to the fact that the goody hut popped on turn *2* was a settler.

I got 3 Techs from 3 out of my first 4 goody huts encountered last week!
    Strength & Honor!

Comment

The reported record is 8 in a row (by rah IIRC). But let´s not discuss the probabilities (again )

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
        American diplomacy ...
        ... leads to a domination victory!
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Yes, I think it was 8. I am a GOD.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think something like that could seriously screw me. Give me writing and sailing via huts too early, and i will never build my second city...

Comment

Eight! Wow, what a game changer. How can you lose? Was this in multiplayer? Victory as a result?
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Yeah, you're right about the American diplomacy...

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  Yes, I think it was 8. I am a GOD.
                  I had a game where I got 6 techs out of my 1st 8 huts (others being a scout and a map). But I still managed to lose b/c I couldn't settle my 2nd city fast enough to stop it from being overwhelmed by barbs.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Nikomakkos
                    I know that sometimes it feels like you can't delay building that granary or library. Or market, harbor, grocer... But you need to snap out of it and consider what is best for the empire as a whole.
                    Sage advice I would say that is my weakness as a warmonger--I tend to want to build this and that too much.

If I do that, I have to be careful that I end up not having enough units to "get the job done".

Instead, I should "attack first, build later"

Don't ask what your civ can do for your cities, but what your cities can do for your civ. :P
                    Military pump cities! A barracks and a couple of mines.
                    Good advice, I shall follow it next game when I do warmonger.
                    Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Working...
                    X