No announcement yet.

Worker 1st or workboat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...hmmm, maybe we can ask all the scientists wether we can use the swiss LHC to solve this big mystery after they have finished creating a black hole sucking up the earth
    More than enough is too much!

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
      For the starting city, it's always a work boat even if I don't start with Fishing. The City will grow while producing the work boat and following completion of the work boat worker production rate will increase.
      You precede with a scout or (suboptimally) a warrior. Why not build worker while waiting for Fishing for workboats, so if you don't have the tech , the worker goes first. He can chop to assist WB and other assorted builds.
      Last edited by Blaupanzer; October 3, 2008, 13:03.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

So I'm not a very good strategist... Independently of the start, I usually go first for Polytheism and try to garantee Hinduism. Next, depending on the civ in question, I go for Agri, and then to BW.

During this time I build warrior/scout going for 2-3 units going xploring, which usually gives me between 200-500 gold at least.

Sorry.

Comment

Unless I want to destroy my neighbor and get a quick 2-3 cities in which case I beeline to iron working, I will always beeline for alphabet. If you are lucky enough to have a fish or clams or whatever, build workboats until you are a size 3-4 city and then settlers or workers. In fact, the way I play, I don't get the techs to use the workers until after I trade around writing and alphabet anyways. Working the fish square is not only a agri maker, but a giant money maker as well which will increase your research like crazy
          May it come that all the Radiances will be known as ones own radiances

Comment

Question is OBE.
            Last edited by Blaupanzer; November 13, 2008, 13:59.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
            X