No announcement yet.

I don't know what to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now to present. The end of Persia and Burger King's nono city.

"Rome"...
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The antarctic canal is completed. Not it has any real value, but at least my southern coastal cities can sail west a lot quicker.

The way through the south passes thru Washington. He never fought a single war with anyone on this continent. I figure his saving grace was that his land is so worthless.
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The Ethiopian border. The city in the middle has already revolted for me once. I figure it's a matter of time before it flips.
        He also has a city with the Foridden Palace on the border. Can that city flip?

The world. Aside from Persian lands there are 2 large islands under my control. Also if you look close enough you will see that you can indeed see the Great Wall from space.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
          Also if you look close enough you will see that you can indeed see the Great Wall from space.
          This is actually a myth. You can not see the Great Wall from space in reality. (Except in very low orbit under very ideal circumstances, and then still only barely).

There are no human structures visible from space. Well except things like the Dutch polders or other major coastline changes. But those aren't really structures, I guess.

Comment

I guess you missed the

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem
              There are no human structures on planet Earth visible from space with the naked human eye. Well except things like the Dutch polders or other major coastline changes. But those aren't really structures, I guess.
              FTFY

Wodan
              Last edited by wodan11; June 4, 2008, 15:14.

Comment

Well...(Devils' advocate), Is NORAD a human structure?

(Also, if I were being really picky, I would point out that his post doesn't precluse the use of telescopic lenses.)
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                  Well...(Devils' advocate), Is NORAD a human structure?
                  NORAD is an organization, not a structure. NORAD HQ at Cheyenne Mtn in Colorado is a structure. Or, is that what you meant?

Wodan

Comment

the latter.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Crap. You can't see NORAD HQ from downtown Denver, let alone from orbit.

Wodan

Comment

show us your powergraph !!
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem
                          There are no human structures visible from space. Well except things like the Dutch polders or other major coastline changes. But those aren't really structures, I guess.
                          Actually, de Dutch Afsluitdijk is a manmade structure and IS visible from space. It's 32 Km long and 90 meters wide. Though it's shorter, it's much wider then the Chinese wall. A dutch astronaut says he saw it as a straight line.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11

FTFY

Wodan
                            Your corrections are true, though somewhat open doors.

And I think you probably mean unaided eye, not naked eye. Looking with naked eyes in space will result in not seeing anything anymore within a very short time

Originally posted by Colm

Actually, de Dutch Afsluitdijk is a manmade structure and IS visible from space. It's 32 Km long and 90 meters wide. Though it's shorter, it's much wider then the Chinese wall. A dutch astronaut says he saw it as a straight line.
                            You are right, it would certainly be more visible than the Chinese Wall. Still it would only be visible from low orbit. Certainly not from, for example, the moon.

I wonder if there are other structures like that. Otherwise the Afsluitdijk might well be the most visible object from space.

edit:
                            The artificial island "The World" in Dubai is actually much bigger. On google earth I could see that up to an altitude of about 1000 miles. Much more than the Afsluitdijk (only 250 miles or so, though the google-earth image is much worse there).

Does anyone know bigger artificial structures?
                            Last edited by Diadem; June 6, 2008, 10:45.

Comment

Working...
                            X