No announcement yet.

Favorite map types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

large hemisphere (with lots of water, devirse continents, random number of them and random islands) with 10 civs (=+1) mostly - i think it makes for the most realistic maps (eg there are water masses comparable to oceans). Yet it is still not as predictable as continents...

Comment

Originally posted by Colm
      Always Pangaea. I don't really like hunting for space to settle cities. Also it's nice to be able to scout the entire world from the start of the game.
      Same, although when I have a few more games under my belt I'll expand to other types of maps. In the meantime, not needing to build ships is good for me.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I prefer Continents, Terra and Pangea.
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

When you customize your games, do you normally increase or decrease the number of AIs? I normally decrease to have more space for myself, but I see many increase. What's the reason for that? More capital spots?

Comment

Increase, and just for more variation.

Depends on map size.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Tectonics, 60% water or random.
              When playing FfH2, creation.
              Both have to be downloaded, though.
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

LandMasses - new BtS compatable version now available[/plug]
                LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonWolf
                  When you customize your games, do you normally increase or decrease the number of AIs? I normally decrease to have more space for myself, but I see many increase. What's the reason for that? More capital spots?
                  Increase as I have low sea levels and because every city should matter and it forces earlier hostility.
                  www.neo-geo.com

Comment

More AI generally means an easier game, as long as you're reasonably capable of military action (anyone playing emperor+ should be). It also means, of course, a more military game, which many prefer.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I like more AI (+1 or 2), low sea, large map, epic speed on all maps. Fractal and Big and Small are my favorites. I do not like Pangea because it turns CIV IV into a war game. There are better wargames out there.
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                      X