Check out that starting location !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diadem
    Exactly. You want to GEs in your city where you have Iron Works or Heroic Epic, or both. But certainly a city where you get the maximum bonus out of those hammers.
    That's a better argument, that if you're going to settle a GE in the first place, then settle it where it gets the most multipliers (which equate to free extra hammers).

Besides this city doesn't really lack production. That's 4 hills right there. Plus a few forests. That's a decent hammer output. Not enough to build military units in 1 turn, or build the most expensive wonders. But certainly enough to build up its own infrastructure.
    Agreed.

Wodan

Comment

Thats good for growth- but I would prefer a position with many hammers to be able to build things faster. I mean 26 warrior!??! Damn.
      I've have a starting location with two elephants and a cow within the area. Now that is my kind of spot.
      It is your concern when your neighbor's wall is on fire.

Comment

I had a start like that awhile ago and a short while into the game one of the random events put Silver on one of the Hills. Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
          4000BC save?
          Didn't keep it.

Comment

There should be a law against posting starts without saves

Comment

As i said, this one was without Iron or Horses in reasonnable range, so, that capital is nice, but the land you will have to settle isn't that much (in addition to be almost only jungle).

Comment

Jungle is awesome. Once you clear it, you have grassland terrain that often has rivers.

Wodan

Comment

Yeah, but there were no luxury ressources in that jungle... only bananas.

Comment

Who cares about other resources with that cap.

You can play it OCC until beyond the middle ages if you want. Found 4-5 religions with your cap, throw in oxford and wallstreet.

Then slaugher the AI, get some nice cities from them, and put your other national wonders in there.

Comment

@ Diadem : That's, i think, one of the worst strat ever suggested on this forum (nothing personal).

OCC would eventually be possible with iron and horses in the capital. But that one needs more citys in order to get a ton of ressources, especially because of the happy cap.

Comment

It wasn't advice. I was putting things into perspective. I'm not saying you should play it OCC-style, I'm just saying that with such a start, you easily could.

The only difference between OCC and normal games is that you can build 5 national wonders instead of just 2, and you only need the 1 building for them instead of several. (and some minor changes like no relationship penalty for razing cities, some changes to random events, etc).

Well, with only 3 coastal tiles you don't need the moaia statues. And all the others come quite late anyway. Not before you have maceman and currency and have wiped some AIs and got their juicy starting locations. After that, this city is just begging for Oxford and Wall Street.

Obviously that's not the best possible strategy. You're limiting yourself after all. But you were complain about no expansion places. I'm just pointing out that with such a start, you don't need 'em!

It's a real shame you didn't keep that save. Would've liked playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem And all the others come quite late anyway. Not before you have maceman
                          There is no metal.

Comment

Working...
                          X